RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

101 - 120 of 129 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Received a call from my dealer, the SA informed me "my part" is in and I'm scheduled for 5/7 plus I'll get the ECM update and see....They have put two others in and indicated "no issue" with those repairs and expect 2 hours for the EGR and 1/2 hour for the flash...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Christmas came early! After being told I was 9th on the list and they were only getting one every 3-4 weeks, service called to schedule me. The said they received 12 coolers 3 days after I called. Took it in Tuesday morning and picked up the truck Wednesday afternoon. First thing I noticed was the hesitation was GONE! And this was a big notice. The hesitation was bad enough that I had the shit scared out of me a couple of times, pulling out into traffic. I'm no mechanic, but I do read the forum and I asked for visual confirmation of the manifold condition. I am attaching what they sent me....I don't think it looks to bad. I only have 60,000 miles on a 2015, used mostly for RV towing.

Now that this is complete and I'm hoping the recalls are done....I will be purchasing the full delete from HD Diesel Supply.....

·
Registered
31 Posts
Looking at most of the replies here it seems the answer is no, but I feel the need to ask anyway. Anyone that has had the EGR recall done, do they need to change the oil at the same time? I am due to change my oil and dont want to bother if they are just going to dump it in a week or two anyway. (I do it myself and run Amsoil) I just know that some of the fords had to have oil cooler changed at the same time as the EGR cooler.

Thanks.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Christmas came early! After being told I was 9th on the list and they were only getting one every 3-4 weeks, service called to schedule me. The said they received 12 coolers 3 days after I called. Took it in Tuesday morning and picked up the truck Wednesday afternoon. First thing I noticed was the hesitation was GONE! And this was a big notice. The hesitation was bad enough that I had the shit scared out of me a couple of times, pulling out into traffic. I'm no mechanic, but I do read the forum and I asked for visual confirmation of the manifold condition. I am attaching what they sent me....I don't think it looks to bad. I only have 60,000 miles on a 2015, used mostly for RV towing.

View attachment 86200

View attachment 86201
Now that this is complete and I'm hoping the recalls are done....I will be purchasing the full delete from HD Diesel Supply.....
Hesitation was the VA7 software update. Has nothing to do with the EGR based on my understanding.

·
Registered
496 Posts
I had mine done today. I took some before and after photo's also. I really can't tell if I got the "updated" version or not. My receipt shows part numbers of CSNDVB11AA.

This is the original EGR

View attachment 86174

This is the "NEW" EGR.

View attachment 86175
Anyone else notice the 1 casting on the original and a 2 casting on the new one? (Above the bolt)

Or am I seeing things....

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,281 Posts
Anyone else notice the 1 casting on the original and a 2 casting on the new one? (Above the bolt)

Or am I seeing things....

good try , about the 1 on old model , but some of the new EGRs have a 3 or a 4 also ...

·
Registered
496 Posts
good try , about the 1 on old model , but some of the new EGRs have a 3 or a 4 also ...
View attachment 86203 View attachment 86204
So I would assume that is a casting version? So it would beg the question...Is there 4 different casting versions of the part? If so, what makes the difference?

Curious to see if there is any correlation to year and model and part number.

·
Registered
781 Posts
I picked my truck a few days ago after all the recalls but the new AEM flash didn't seem to make any difference at all.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Mine. Was replaced in Dec 2019 and now FCA sends me note that that the EGR recall has been already completed on my truck?

WTF?

Also casting number (if that is what it is) is a 5

·
Registered
163 Posts
Just got mine back, asked for No Flashes. They said there was some type of program for the cooler which they did but everything else left alone. I refused the rotary shifter update. Came home installed my tuned ECU and Trans Tune and all is good.
Part numbers on my invoice are the same as in post #97 above.
Did the dealer ask you WHY you were requesting no flashes, do you think that he suspected that your ECU was tuned ?. The reason why I was asking is I am in the process of tuning a spare ECU to work in my truck BEFORE I take my truck into the dealer for the new recall.

·
Super Moderator
2,559 Posts
Jerome11, Dealer didn’t ask. I didn’t want the rotary shifter flash either and had to sign off on that one. I have had it in several times now only because off free oil changes and always request no flashes.

As others have alluded to, I’m sure if they had wanted to they could see the “spare” ECU vin number.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Jerome11, Dealer didn’t ask. I didn’t want the rotary shifter flash either and had to sign off on that one. I have had it in several times now only because off free oil changes and always request no flashes.

As others have alluded to, I’m sure if they had wanted to they could see the “spare” ECU vin number.
Tks

·
Registered
186 Posts
I picked my truck a few days ago after all the recalls but the new AEM flash didn't seem to make any difference at all.
My JGC went in for tone ring. Noticed on Mopar site that VA7 complete on it. No change at all... horrible hesitation still exists. Has anyone tried to get a "re-flash" to make sure it was installed correctly?

·
Registered
387 Posts
My JGC went in for tone ring. Noticed on Mopar site that VA7 complete on it. No change at all... horrible hesitation still exists. Has anyone tried to get a "re-flash" to make sure it was installed correctly?
Did you have to pay for the tone ring or did they cover it ? How many miles were on it ?

·
Registered
855 Posts
I had 5 months of horrible performance after the AEM and then in October 19 I decided to try Diesel Kleen.Cetane Boost. I ran the full dose in 2 tanks and my truck has been running great since. I attribute it to dirty injectors. Cheap at Walmart, wont hurt to try.

·
Registered
186 Posts
I had 5 months of horrible performance after the AEM and then in October 19 I decided to try Diesel Kleen.Cetane Boost. I ran the full dose in 2 tanks and my truck has been running great since. I attribute it to dirty injectors. Cheap at Walmart, wont hurt to try.
tried that with my truck. Helped but not a fix for the issue.

101 - 120 of 129 Posts