RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up my new Ram 1500 Diesel last Sat. and it has meet all of my initial expectations. I am a big guy and it is my version of a Chrysler Imperial and a lot cheaper then a new car that I can fit into.
Fuel economy has been beyond expected, by the dash meter I am running at 28 MPG with a 60/40 mix of hyw/stop and go driving.

So far biggest concern is finding oil for it. I tried Advanced, Pep Boys, Napa and the Zone; nada/zip/not happening; ended up getting 2 qts. at dealer for a
very competitive price of $9/qt. As I build miles I will post information as I develop it. Oh, only place I have found oil filter is at dealer - $60. Parts person
say that price should come down as the aftermarket gets a release of the proprietary information from RAM. I am guessing over and done with, 1st oil change
will come in around $125 - $150 at dealer.

·
Registered
362 Posts
My truck comes with 1 free oil change from the dealer plus the extra cost over a gasser oil change. I hope to learn how to change the oil on these vehicles fast, economically, because I will have two of them to maintain with my wife's diesel GC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts