RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Checked my KBB on my '16 Laramie ED and it skyrocketed to $33k. Paid $50K in 2016. 11 recalls, crappy new flash and the worrying amount of reported ED problems reported in this forum got me thinking about my ED future. I never had a problem, but that's always the case until you do.

Tested a '21 ED Limited. Great truck, with slightly better towing of 9,480lbs and a $72k tag. Test drove a 2500, it rode like a horse buggy compared to the ED w/4 corner air. Telescoped my spine on some speed bumps. Tried a 2500 with adjustable air, much better ride. Found one that was just a couple grand more than the ED Limited. Immediately traded my ED in for a '21 2500 Laramie 6.7l Cummins with adjustable rear air suspension. Now I can tow almost 10 tons. Loved my ED and the 33mpg, but need to get some real towing abilities for the TT we plan to get. I've seen been all over the world, now it's time to see the USA.

Plan on staying in the forum. Lots of great advice here. This place helped my get the most out of my ED. Pics are included so I don't get my ass kicked in here. :ROFLMAO:

20210418_074027.jpg
20210418_074206.jpg
20210418_074327.jpg
20210418_074448.jpg
20210418_074512.jpg

·
Super Moderator
2,660 Posts
Congrats! Nice looking truck.

Reactions: herrred

·
Registered
109 Posts
Checked my KBB on my '16 Laramie ED and it skyrocketed to $33k. Paid $50K in 2016. 11 recalls, crappy new flash and the worrying amount of reported ED problems reported in this forum got me thinking about my ED future. I never had a problem, but that's always the case until you do.

Tested a '21 ED Limited. Great truck, with slightly better towing of 9,480lbs and a $72k tag. Test drove a 2500, it rode like a horse buggy compared to the ED w/4 corner air. Telescoped my spine on some speed bumps. Tried a 2500 with adjustable air, much better ride. Found one that was just a couple grand more than the ED Limited. Immediately traded my ED in for a '21 2500 Laramie 6.7l Cummins with adjustable rear air suspension. Now I can tow almost 10 tons. Loved my ED and the 33mpg, but need to get some real towing abilities for the TT we plan to get. I've seen been all over the world, now it's time to see the USA.

Plan on staying in the forum. Lots of great advice here. This place helped my get the most out of my ED. Pics are included so I don't get my ass kicked in here. :ROFLMAO:

View attachment 89377 View attachment 89378 View attachment 89379 View attachment 89380 View attachment 89381
Just curious, I am contemplating doing the same thing. If you don't mind, what did they offer you for Trade-IN. The KBB trade in on mine is 30-35K and first offer from local dealer was $23K. They seem to want to punish us for the sometimes troubling history of this truck.

·
Registered
566 Posts
Just curious, I am contemplating doing the same thing. If you don't mind, what did they offer you for Trade-IN. The KBB trade in on mine is 30-35K and first offer from local dealer was $23K. They seem to want to punish us for the sometimes troubling history of this truck.
No,, They want to punish you for trading it in ! It doesn't matter what it is. This is how they make money. Do you really expect them to give you what its really worth ? LOL ! Sell it outright and get another 8-10 grand..

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
No,, They want to punish you for trading it in ! It doesn't matter what it is. This is how they make money. Do you really expect them to give you what its really worth ? LOL ! Sell it outright and get another 8-10 grand..
Yep, have to agree with that. Every dealer has their own profit objectives, some are just more greedy than others.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I went to Carmax first, got a quote for cash of $33k. Went to the first dealer and they said they'd give me $25k. Walked away and the dealer where I bought the 2500 matched Carmax for $33k. Stick to your guns...you have the advantage of just walking away.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Agreed...however finding someone with cash in hand during the COVID Wars is too slow. Getting a 66% return on my ED and a new 2500 in 2 hours is worth it to me.

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
NOt sure where your at but in NC, I only pay taxes on the final number. So if I sold, I would end up paying tax on complete price of the replacement. On a $70k vehicle, that's more that a few cents.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts