RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 147 Posts

·
Registered
13,685 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some have little faith in the "capless" fuel filler to keep out things like water, dirt and ???ants.

Here on the southshore of Tampa Bay I have fire ants and love bugs. This morning I sprayed and finished a bottle of Ortho Self Defense ant killer. Looked at the cap and thought mmm.
Pulled out that inner liner with pliers and went to the truck.

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Good find. I'll have to grab one. Didn't the dealer leave the green plastic shipping cap in yours?

·
Registered
438 Posts
I saw a 1.5" plumbing cap used from another forum. They are at home depot for less than $3. They fit good. I'm not at home and can't recall the name. The piece has a hose clamp with it but is not needed.

·
Registered
132 Posts
if you could find that post that would be awesome. on my 2012 hemi that had a gas cap I had to clear the snow before turning the cap after a couple of snow storms. It doesn't look like the door is any different, so those of us who get snow storms could benefit from a cap.

·
Registered
13,685 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
There was no cap on mine at delivery.

·
Registered
438 Posts
I'm out of town until Sunday. I'll post when I get home.

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
I just checked it out buddy doesn't ship to canada! I like it though!

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Ya I do for sure I emailed her she just got back to me, they said they would mail it but I would have to bid and wait to see if I won the item... I don't wanna get into some bidding war or something, I just wanna buy one at a reasonable cost....

·
Registered
132 Posts
Ya I do for sure I emailed her she just got back to me, they said they would mail it but I would have to bid and wait to see if I won the item... I don't wanna get into some bidding war or something, I just wanna buy one at a reasonable cost....
same goes for myself

·
Registered
134 Posts
Ok lets see what happens.

Solid aluminum, anodized and engraved will most likely cost more than plastic. They are good people so they will be fair. (not necessarily cheap)

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
I am not looking for cheap I'll pay a reasonable cost for sure.... I just spent almost 57K for a truck, so I don't mind buying a quality add on for it... if u could arrange it I'll just send u my address and a etransfer get it all buttoned up!

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
And thanks!

·
Registered
13,685 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Nicely done.

$31 for me to lose. Bet I lose my jar lid. Going to have to figure out where to put the darn thing while filling.

Now if it could tether then you could use it to chip the paint around the filler.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I am not looking for cheap I'll pay a reasonable cost for sure.... I just spent almost 57K for a truck, so I don't mind buying a quality add on for it... if u could arrange it I'll just send u my address and a etransfer get it all buttoned up!
Let me contact them in AM. get you two together. Probably run a special ebay for you.
Hang tight.

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Cool thanks!

1 - 20 of 147 Posts