RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone experienced the evic message saying key fob outside vehicle when someone opens a door to get out and driver and key are still in vehicle. Twice now I've dropped my daughter off somewhere and she's hopped out of the truck and this message has popped up. To clear it I've shut truck off and restarted. It's been the back passenger door both times. Crew cab.

·
Registered
695 Posts
Has anyone experienced the evic message saying key fob outside vehicle when someone opens a door to get out and driver and key are still in vehicle. Twice now I've dropped my daughter off somewhere and she's hopped out of the truck and this message has popped up. To clear it I've shut truck off and restarted. It's been the back passenger door both times. Crew cab.
Hi: GRIFF4... "Elvis has left the building". I get the message when I exit the truck and leave it running; which I do a lot when hooking up my trailer.
Dieseldragon North shore of Lake Erie.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi: GRIFF4... "Elvis has left the building". I get the message when I exit the truck and leave it running; which I do a lot when hooking up my trailer.
Dieseldragon North shore of Lake Erie.
Lol. Do you restart the truck to clear message or just drive and it clears itself with no issues ?

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Update went to pick daughter up. Got out of truck and hit fob lock button and nothing. Got back in truck to try and start it. Said no key fob detected. So locked it from inside and go in for 10 minutes. Come back out and fob worked to unlock and also start. Stopped and bought new fob battery and replaced it. Hoping that's what it was.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
765 Posts
FWIW, on MY 19, I usually start with remote, get in, hit run and away we go. Have keys in pocket. If I get out with vehicle running, get the Ole Key Fob has left vehicle. Once I enter vehicle and put in gear, "Message Clears"..

T-Bird (I do not have passive entry, just keyless start)...

·
Registered
4 Posts
My 17 will give me the message key fob has left the vehicle if I am backing something into my steel machine shed. Fob is either in my pocket or in the change tray. Did it to the wife's Durango as well both have passive entry.

Sent from my Moto Z3 Play using Tapatalk

1 - 9 of 9 Posts