RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings everyone
While trying to decide on my future purchase, I have a few questions for the subject to the current owners:
1. How many batteries in the key fob?
2. How often do you change batteries in the key fob?
My wife has subject future in her Highlander. It is very handy, especially during winters when it is not comfortable to reach for the keys etc. My only complaint about Highlander key fob is the amount of batteries it goes through. I have to change them every 2-4 months.
Thanks in advance for everyone who can contribute.

·
Registered
279 Posts
1.) The key fobs have one battery and if memory serves me correct it was a 2032
2.) I've had the Passive keyless system in my wifes Grand Cherokee. Purchased in Sep 2011 and June 2013 I replaced the battery for the first time in both remotes (got the notification a week apart between the two keys)

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Greetings everyone
While trying to decide on my future purchase, I have a few questions for the subject to the current owners:
1. How many batteries in the key fob?
2. How often do you change batteries in the key fob?
My wife has subject future in her Highlander. It is very handy, especially during winters when it is not comfortable to reach for the keys etc. My only complaint about Highlander key fob is the amount of batteries it goes through. I have to change them every 2-4 months.
Thanks in advance for everyone who can contribute.
The key fob uses one CR2032 battery that the manual claims should last "a minimum of three years." I had no issues with it during 4 months--other than washing one which did not seem to harm it.

The keyless entry is great. The only thing I didn't like was the message, "The Key Fob has left the vehicle," along with a persistent and annoying ding whenever I stepped out do something while the engine was running. Interestingly, the 2500 does not have that alert.

·
Registered
186 Posts
The key fob uses one CR2032 battery that the manual claims should last "a minimum of three years." I had no issues with it during 4 months--other than washing one which did not seem to harm it.

The keyless entry is great. The only thing I didn't like was the message, "The Key Fob has left the vehicle," along with a persistent and annoying ding whenever I stepped out do something while the engine was running. Interestingly, the 2500 does not have that alert.
Ditto.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts