RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to replace my 2005 Polaris Ranger 500 that was stolen. I had pretty good luck with the Polaris, the only thing was the fuel pump and the computer over the years. Still had three of the original ATV tires.

My needs have changed a little and I was considering the Kioti with its steel bed and skin. Does anyone have any experience with these little diesel machines?

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Base model MSRP starts at just under 10K new, without incentives or rebates.

I really don't need to go more than 25 mph. I need hauling capacity and low end grunt.

·
Registered
556 Posts
I can't offer an opinion on the UTV. I can however offer an opinion on Kioti products, based on my owning a Kioti DK35HSE tractor. I have had my tractor for over five years. It does a small amount of commercial snow removal (winter) and a small amount of personal bush work supporting my sawmill in the summer. It is not overworked, having under 500 hours on it since new, but it has been a rock solid machine. I would buy another one in a heartbeat.

If the UTV is as dependable you will have an excellent machine.

cheers

John

·
Registered
687 Posts
Good luck on your purchase. I bought a Honda Pioneer in October and love that thing. Got my sprayer in the back ready to burn my pasture when I get the right wind direction.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Ended up getting a new Polaris Ranger 900 XP with EPS (electronic power steering).

Almost did the Kioti, I liked it, but it is somewhat new and their just not many options for accessories such as back glass or poly screen to keep the dirt out of the cab when stopping.
There where a couple other little minor things, that amount of sound from the engine compartment and the placement of the e-brake. Just seemed like it would be something for me or one of the pups to get caught on.

I did like it's work ability. I was able to pull my 1964 JD Grass drill with little effort and almost no squat in the rear.

Any who, the Ranger platform has really changed in the last 10 years. You can get just about most options that your can on a new truck or tractor.

Now it is time for lambing season to start and to do a little preparation for that event. The girls (help) are ready.

IMG_20160318_181549302_HDR.jpg IMG_20160318_152227365_HDR.jpg

I have to say, the whole buying process was the worst I have ever experienced. Sales folks, saying something completely different every time I spoke to them. I would not say it was just one bad dealership or sales person. The practice seemed to be widespread at most, but not all of the dealerships. I am glad that process is over for me.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts