RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just how long can a vehicle stay in KZ Status. My rig has been built, and in "awaiting shipment" for more than 2 weeks. Two weeks ago I was told that on the day it was going to rail, it was pulled for "random inspection".

Is there anything I can do here, or are my hands tied?

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Just how long can a vehicle stay in KZ Status. My rig has been built, and in "awaiting shipment" for more than 2 weeks. Two weeks ago I was told that on the day it was going to rail, it was pulled for "random inspection".

Is there anything I can do here, or are my hands tied?
I know it is hard, you just have to wait. Once the truck is built it may take 4 to 8 weeks to reach the dealer. Based on my conversations with Ram they will not take any special action until the total time from order reaches 12 weeks. If your truck was chosen for an inspection, at least it should be the best quality Ram can produce. Supposedly every EcoDiesel in the first run was inspected thoroughly.

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
I've seen trucks in KZ for upward of 6 weeks !!! BUT, most of the time... they find transport 3~4 weeks.

We all know... the time the truck sits, after it's built is the hardest time. Heck... I'm only 200mi away from where my truck was sitting, and I was starting to get pissed, since I could have driven up and back with a trailer, and gotten it myself in less than 6 hrs.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I'm nearing 2 weeks in KZ myself. It was scheduled to ship 5 days ago, but as of this morning's SPP update its still "staged". I understand the logistics involved, but to have a purchase like this and be relying on a random employee updating me out of the goodness of his heart... Not a good thing for Ram, I don't care how good the final product is!

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So, I have been in KZR status for a few days now. However, nobody can tell me what KZR status means. I called Ram and they said they have no Idea where the truck is. SPP reports "truck shuttle" for a few days now. The dealer called yesterday to say the truck was on its way to them over the highway, then called back to say that the truck is officially "missing". They are hoping it will just show up today, or sometime, but are baffled.

Somebody from Ram should call a little company called FedEx and borrow some tracking "best practices".

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
So, I have been in KZR status for a few days now. However, nobody can tell me what KZR status means. I called Ram and they said they have no Idea where the truck is. SPP reports "truck shuttle" for a few days now. The dealer called yesterday to say the truck was on its way to them over the highway, then called back to say that the truck is officially "missing". They are hoping it will just show up today, or sometime, but are baffled.

Somebody from Ram should call a little company called FedEx and borrow some tracking "best practices".
Not seeing KZR on the list of KZ status codes listed on The Z (another forum). Maybe it's KZ Ruh Ro...we lost a truck!

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
votsservice({"StatusDetails":{"expiryDate":"None","statusDesc":"Shipment","cStatus":"KZR","delayReason":"None"}

2014-06-26_1557.png

·
Registered
109 Posts
Mine sat in kz status for 4 weeks , customer service said they can put in an inquiry after it sits for 25 days with no movement.
Mine was 8 weeks to the day from order placement to pickup at dealer. GOOD LUCK,,!

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Confirmed today. My rig was shipped back to the plant for a new motor. I guess they pulled it for that special inspection and decided to replace a brand new motor.

Now I wait..... some more.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Did they trace it back to a real new engine? Course I can't imagine if they were covering up something they would say it needed a new engine. What was your build date? Mine was 6/27 and it's been in Inspection since then. No one seems to know why it is still in Inspection and the dealer didn't get back to me today. Wondering if it is a batch related thing and holding mine in inspection to check on others without a QA hold for anything on it.

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Maybe you accidentally got the Maserati version of the engine with the extra 40 horsepower. ;) ...and they want it back!
Wouldn't that be something!! Would be pretty cool!

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Did they trace it back to a real new engine? Course I can't imagine if they were covering up something they would say it needed a new engine. What was your build date? Mine was 6/27 and it's been in Inspection since then. No one seems to know why it is still in Inspection and the dealer didn't get back to me today. Wondering if it is a batch related thing and holding mine in inspection to check on others without a QA hold for anything on it.
As I recall, my build was complete on 6/4.

Crew cab Laramie
3.92 gears
6'4" bed
Seating for 6.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts