RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

41 - 59 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
You would need to contact GDE for the release date, but i feel it was early spring of this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
2,524 Posts
Call GDE to get exact info but their tune has had a few revisions over the original release back in early 2015. From what I remember most of the minor tweaks involve throttle sensitivity and drivability issues. I know my throttle takes less input now compared to the original version. I had mine updated about 6 months ago.

·
Registered
675 Posts
and the problem with America sprouts it's ugly offended head in the forums too. if you are offended that's fine and you can feel that way, go read another post somewhere else. stop being offended and thinking everyone is trying to offend you. grow up and move on

·
Registered
657 Posts
and the problem with America sprouts it's ugly offended head in the forums too. if you are offended that's fine and you can feel that way, go read another post somewhere else. stop being offended and thinking everyone is trying to offend you. grow up and move on
I'm offended that you refer to America's head as ugly. Perhaps "visually challenged" could better represent your thoughts on this matter. Furthermore whats your problem with American sprouts? Geeeez! :p

·
Registered
657 Posts
Anyone figure out yet If the GDE tune has anything to do with the lag?
GDE, If you read this any thoughts?
Nope, seems GDE has tried to ignore the issue on this board. Unless, I missed a post. However, if you contact them directly they are quite helpful afaik.

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
Nope, seems GDE has tried to ignore the issue on this board. Unless, I missed a post. However, if you contact them directly they are quite helpful afaik.
they dont ignore posts. ive had gde for about 30k miles. no difference between then and now. i think a lot of thr lag comes from tcm programming. if u have the torque app and watch your boost, fuel pressure, throttle position etc... the ecu is sometimes delaying the application of power. this engine can spool this turbo quickly so its likely something forcing the delay.

im guessing the gde trans tune will make a difference here.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
I've contacted GDE. They said it's most likely a boost leak, or I'm noticing the lag during regens, and that I may not have been aware that my truck was going through a regen. I considered both of those options and have paid attention to each, and it's neither of those scenarios.

I purchased the GDE tune just a few months ago, early June, I believe. So unless they have updated their software between now and then, which I don't think they have, I'm not sure what the issue is. However, it appears that I'm not the only one experiencing it. Thanks to those who've shared their thoughts.

Shaggn85, that's an interesting point you make. Maybe that's what going on. Would you suggest investing in a monitor for my truck? I've read about a couple different ones. Do you have a suggestion? GDE, if you happen to come across this thread, would you possibly have any other insight? Thanks.

·
Vendor
1,129 Posts
Check for dragging brakes, we had this on one of our trucks and it hurt the fuel economy significantly. Other than that, just keep up on general maintenance and tires. The ecm tuning cannot magically change, it is there for the life of the vehicle. FYI, in many parts of the US the winter fuel comes in 15 October and this also will hurt fuel economy.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
Check for dragging brakes, we had this on one of our trucks and it hurt the fuel economy significantly. Other than that, just keep up on general maintenance and tires. The ecm tuning cannot magically change, it is there for the life of the vehicle. FYI, in many parts of the US the winter fuel comes in 15 October and this also will hurt fuel economy.
Okay, I appreciate the feedback. Thanks. I had not considered a change in tires or fuel.

·
Registered
475 Posts
So after running my stock ECU for the past two weeks, I put my GDE ECU back in and it's amazing again. I'm thinking that the "lag" wasn't really back, as much as I had just gotten use to the way the truck was performing. Run stock for a few weeks and you'll appreciate the GDE tune.

As for MPG, I put some cleaner in the tank. We'll see if it's an injector build up issue.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
So after running my stock ECU for the past two weeks, I put my GDE ECU back in and it's amazing again. I'm thinking that the "lag" wasn't really back, as much as I had just gotten use to the way the truck was performing. Run stock for a few weeks and you'll appreciate the GDE tune.

As for MPG, I put some cleaner in the tank. We'll see if it's an injector build up issue.
Good to know! I was considering putting in some injector cleaner in as well. What product did you use? I've seen a few; Lucas, Techron, and BG245. I'll be curious to know if you seen any improvement.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Hot Shot's Secrete. Gained 1 MPG with my last tank. I'll see next week what this one does.

I know. 1 MPG is nothing. The cleaner costs more than that, but it's not the missing MPG. It's the fact that it's missing. In other words, what is the cause? If dirty injectors are the cause, then cleaning them can only be beneficial in the long run. My 2 cents. Take 'em for what they are worth.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
Hey, 1 MPG is 1 MPG. I have not heard of Hot Shot before. Can you get it at a local auto parts store, or do you have to order it?

·
Registered
26 Posts
I have the same issue.. mine feels VERY laggy, have only had the the tune for about 5k miles.. even at a dead stop if I floor it, it feels the same as it did when it was stock.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Hey, 1 MPG is 1 MPG. I have not heard of Hot Shot before. Can you get it at a local auto parts store, or do you have to order it?
Amazon. Last tank still was low. Around 24, but I've been bouncing from 22 to 24, so maybe I'm bouncing from 24-26? We'll see.

41 - 59 of 59 Posts