RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking at a window sticker printout for two different Laramie Limited trucks. One lists fender flares over on the left with standard equipment and the other does not. Since they are in transit, I cannot verify by looking at one. There are none on the lots in close proximity to me, right now.

My question is: Does the Laramie Limited come with fender flares or not?

I think the window sticker printouts are not very reliable. I found a QC Laramie yesterday that had ventilated front seats, but I could not find them listed on the actual window sticker anywhere, nor on the printout.

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
100% the limited does NOT get flairs.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ok, that what I was thinking. Thanks!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Could we put fender flares on our limited trucks, I like the look and was disappointed that they weren't on when I took delivery

·
Registered
701 Posts
Was thinking the same but not sure the front of the front flares would look good with color march bumpers. Front fronts stop flowing downward at the top of the chrome bumper. But since Limited and Sport have color match bumpers, I'm worried the flares will look like they are stopping too soon as they flow down the front of the front tire. Perhaps someone could hold up a flare from a dealer to see what it looks like.

·
Registered
213 Posts
If you check out the thread I started, "Bushwacker fender flare question", below on this page you will see the answer to some of your questions. I just purchased the #50920-02 set and they are at the paint shop now to get painted. Yes, they do have a thin black rubber edge trim which will show and even more so on a light colour truck. On the other hand, they may accentuate the flare a bit, if you don't mind that.

I have seen the OEM flares on a sport truck and it does look a bit "off" having the flare stop part way down the painted bumper. The Bushwacker set comes with different length front pieces to use with either the chrome bumper or Sport/Limited style bumper. If you check out photos on the Ramforumz site, there are some pictures posted showing them installed.

I am concerned about the potential for rub marks altho I assume they would only be noticeable, if the flares were removed. Does anyone know if rub marks would become visible while they are still on? I may phone Bushwacker tomorrow to see if this is a problem.

·
Registered
213 Posts
I've looked at these from Bushwacker, OEM style but includes a piece for the plastic bumper.

RAM OE Style Fender Flare Set of 4 | 50920-02 | Bushwacker

Just not sure I'll like the look on that front bumper piece. But, I'd probably get used to it.
Hi Catdaddy63:
If you belong to the Ramforumz, scroll down to the "Dodge Ram Pictures - Photos" category. Then scroll down to the thread "2014 Ecodiesel Limited with Bushwackers & WRT Wheels". View EPREN's pics of a graphite crystal Limited with the OE style flares. His pics may help you with your decision.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts