RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well I took the plunge on 3/10 and ordered a EcoDiesel Crew Cab Limited 4x4 with the short box and in white.

Here's the options:
Package 28M
Sunroof
Anti-spin rear diff
Trailer tow group
Limited appearance package
Trailer brake control
Rambox cargo management system

It's in "scheduled for production status" and we'll see how long that takes to get delivered. I got the FFP and it should have quite a bit off MSRP.

This will be the first non-Ford product I've purchased in a long time and I'm really looking forward to this truck.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Ordered my 2014 limited on the 12 here in ontario canada. No info yet! I called ram canada and they are Absolutely useless no info from them whatsoever. I ordered a black on black.
28m
Limited slip diff
Trailer hitch
E brake control
Sunroof
56K out the door all in! Wicked price I think!

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
32gal tank option wasn't available when I ordered. I wish I could have gotten it. Nice build.
AFAIK it still is not an option with the diesel. He is probably mistaken and should check the order sheet.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
The order sheet has code NXF - 32 Gallon tank on it. The configuration sheet also shows code YGE - 5 Additional Gallons of Fuel. I'm not sure if that turns into something different with the selection of the diesel (code EXF - 3.0 V 6 Turbo Diesel).

I'll check to see if VOTS shows anything. I'll also shoot an email to the dealer and see what they say.

One question I have is why wouldn't the 32 gallon tank be available for the diesel? When did you guys order your trucks?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Chris,

Black on black is nice too. I've always been partial to white for trucks and muscle cars. :)

·
Registered
65 Posts
The order sheet has code NXF - 32 Gallon tank on it. The configuration sheet also shows code YGE - 5 Additional Gallons of Fuel. I'm not sure if that turns into something different with the selection of the diesel (code EXF - 3.0 V 6 Turbo Diesel).

I'll check to see if VOTS shows anything. I'll also shoot an email to the dealer and see what they say.

One question I have is why wouldn't the 32 gallon tank be available for the diesel? When did you guys order your trucks?
My guess is the DEF tank?

Sent from my Note 3 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,145 Posts

Orders started late December in Canada and early February in the U.S.

The diesel has an 8-gal DEF tank that takes up the room the oversize fuel tank needs. That is one reason why a 26-gal fuel tank is the only choice for the diesel. On the long wheelbase model they might have been able to fit in the 32-gallon tank but wanted a standard design for now, and they were probably concerned about the added weight, too.

I will guess that the 32-gal tank appeared on your order because it is standard on the Limited Hemi but is then deleted for the diesel.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Orders started late December in Canada and early February in the U.S.

The diesel has an 8-gal DEF tank that takes up the room the oversize fuel tank needs. That is one reason why a 26-gal fuel tank is the only choice for the diesel. On the long wheelbase model they might have been able to fit in the 32-gallon tank but wanted a standard design for now, and they were probably concerned about the added weight, too.

I will guess that the 32-gal tank appeared on your order because it is standard on the Limited Hemi but is then deleted for the diesel.
That makes sense. The only part that's weird is that it doesn't show on the build sheet as a delete like other things do (even as simple as a tow-hook). Since I have the FFP, (I work for a Tier 1 here in MI) I have copies of the package lists that the dealer sees and it's not shown. Ah well.

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Thanks!! I am looking forward to getting her! My 2003 has 461K on her, it's been great! Setting up to get the new blk on blk limited I ordered all blacked out. Already have it set up to have the front grill blacked out, sport hood on order blacked out and shaved door handles, all badging removed and the ram head and limited badge on the tail gate blacked out! Thing is going to be a beast!! Custom dvd and tv's sewn into rear head rests for the kids, the 8.4 entertainment screen is getting the dvd option for the wife to watch while driving....

Reactions: sledogmilionair

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
If I ever get it....

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Got the email today that the truck's status is in "Frame," so their building the body. We'll see how long it takes to make it through the plant. ;)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It's in shipping. Let's how long it takes to move from Warren to a dealership a few hours away. :D

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Just checked today...its in shipped status!!! Can that even be right?? Jesus i just ordered the truck on the 12th!! (March)

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Update....i called chrysler canada and they told me my truck is at a holding yard just outside detriot. It will be truck shipped from there to mississauga.....supposed to be loaded within the next 3 to 5 days.....heres hoping!!!! That seems like they are flying with orders and shipping now!!!!

·
Registered
255 Posts
Update....i called chrysler canada and they told me my truck is at a holding yard just outside detriot. It will be truck shipped from there to mississauga.....supposed to be loaded within the next 3 to 5 days.....heres hoping!!!! That seems like they are flying with orders and shipping now!!!!
I am waiting for my limited as well. I live in Burlington and was told the same thing. I guess we're Ok then. It should be here any day now.

·
Registered
177 Posts
32 gallon fuel tank is N/A for the diesel. The eight gallon DEF tank takes its place. Would be nice to have a 32 gallon OEM fuel tank.... could drive forever.

You guys should hang on to and use the green plastic plug that is put in the fuel tank filler port. Took my truck through the car wash and then went to fill the tank. There was water filled in the cavity of the green plug.

If that plug was not in there that water would have gone right into the fuel tank.:( I need to talk to service about this.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Ordered my new Big Horn on 3/25. It has the 3.92 ratio and towing package. Deep Cherry red with black interior. When I ordered it, the spray in bed liner and tonneau cover were not available. I cal always add them later so no concern. VOTS has shown it as scheduled since the 27th. I really don't expect it for 6 - 8 weeks but it would be nice to have it sooner.

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Spanh our trucks should be here soon.....i was just at my dealer my limited is in the conner yard. Eta to dealer is thursday!!

1 - 20 of 52 Posts