RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Are the front seats of the Laramie the same as the seats in the Longhorn and/or Limited? Don't have a limited to look at in a 100Km radius.

Am I correct to say that the only difference between a loaded Laramie and the Longhorn/Limited is the painted bumpers, Painted wheels, Limited trim accents inside and the upgraded dials?

Thanks!

·
Registered
25 Posts
The laramie is listed as having leather-faced seats. The limited is listed as having premium leather seats

Sent from my LG-D803 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
254 Posts
Seats in the limited are much softer than what's in the Laramie but also have all of the extra stitching. Another difference between the two is that the limited lacks fender flares. Chrome bumpers are an option on the limited too.

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
There are a lot of other differences between the 2.... take a look at the literature from ram the canadian version give you the side by side as you step up.... and the seats in the limited are just riduculus!

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
But I think some of the differences you can buy on the longhorn except the seats.... I'm not entirely sure ram seems to be changing options all the time from what I read on here....

·
Registered
254 Posts
When I ordered my Laramie I was able to get every option (and more) that's on the limited with the exception of the interior trim and wheels. The only differences between my truck and a limited with every option is the interior, wheels, and my truck has fender flares.

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
I think the Guage cluster is different to isn't it? I saw a laramie on the lot and the guages looked different, at the end of the day I am sure they are pretty much the same with the exception of the seats and some minor other things like stiching and leather pieces

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
20140419_105258.jpg

Here is the differences between the longhorn laramie and the limited....and all the things listed below the longhorn are whats upgraded over the standard laramie.....hope this helps!!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
There are a lot of other differences between the 2.... take a look at the literature from ram the canadian version give you the side by side as you step up.... and the seats in the limited are just riduculus!
Thanks for the info. Yes it compares but most of the options are available for the Laramie.From what I got you can't order this on the Laramie:

-Premium Leather
-Limited stitching, fancy seat pockets
-Upgraded wheels
-Painted Bumpers
-Changed Instrument Cluster

Premium leather would be the big thing...love the smell... Can't believe how f..ing useless salesmen are....Best so far: This guy keeps on arguing with me that the Diesel LTD he has coming in has a 3.21 gear ratio.... 3.55 is not an option because "he can't select it.." Unbelievable..

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks Chris. Some of the mentioned options are available on the laramie. Actually, carcostcanada.com is a very helpful tool.

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Lol you can't get 321's lol has to be 355 or 392 (which imo is overkill) honestly though the seats are unreal, like warm butter soft! I'm very impressed

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Lol you can't get 321's lol has to be 355 or 392 (which imo is overkill) honestly though the seats are unreal, like warm butter soft! I'm very impressed
I would order the 3.92 as I can't afford loosing another 1100 lbs towing capacity...Also, we are in an area with lots of mountains. I would say the higher ratio would benefit me. Unfortunately can't try them as there is only 2 demo's in a 200 km radius from here....And one of them got the 3.21 apparently... lol.

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
For sure if you are in hilly country absolutely the 392's are a must!! As far as driving to see a truck that's a tough one, the way I buy a truck I buy and drive for years and years it's a major purchase for me as a middle class person so i shopped and drove around a lot to look and price trucks.... if you are unsure about trim levels I say it's worth the drive to look! ( sometimes if you option up a lower trim bigtime it works out more expensive then jumping up... just my experience and something to keep an eye on!) good luck!

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Some people I think are going 392's cause they thing this is a small engine and will work to hard! This 3.0 has 420#'s of torque!!! That's more than a damn hemi... I have 355's and hand to god this truck rips (and I'm coming from a older hemi)

Reactions: Penndiana

·
Registered
369 Posts
you really have to look at the options to see the difference between the Laramie Longhorn and Limited........one big difference is the Longhorn doesn't come with the air suspension....it's not even an option! this changed several weeks ago along with a drop in price!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts