RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whewww....this has been an interesting month or so.. I decided to sell my gas hog big block silverado and cab over and down size to a more fuel efficient mid size only to discover a full size ram could do better. I started inquiring in may and was told by a half a dozen dealers that they were'nt able to order. One dealer told me 6/10 i could order. Left my call back info with all. Never got an call back from any. 6/11 I called around again. Finally, found a dealer that would order for me. Read here on the forum 6/13 is the last order day for 2014's and no more orders till August. My order was placed this morning. Only bad part was that I couldn't get 4 corner air..bummed out about that but guess I'll live without.

Bighorn quad cab 4x4
Black gold pearl
3.0 ED
Antispin dif
Lux group
Protec group
Tow group
9 speaker w/sub
Rear defrost
Rubber mats

·
Registered
391 Posts
Nice!! congrats. That makes 4 or 5 of us now that have ordered that color. where did you order it from?

·
Registered
360 Posts
The quad cabs have the air suspension blocked for 2014 as per a chrysler guy on another forum. I think he said the order window closed on the 9th or 10th for June's orders but he expected another order period for July. If the dealer still had allotment left for June I think the order could go through in this month's run. I ordered mine 5/31 and got my VIN on Tuesday and D status but no build date yet.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The quad cabs have the air suspension blocked for 2014 as per a chrysler guy on another forum. I think he said the order window closed on the 9th or 10th for June's orders but he expected another order period for July. If the dealer still had allotment left for June I think the order could go through in this month's run. I ordered mine 5/31 and got my VIN on Tuesday and D status but no build date yet.
Tried to order air sus on a crew cab as well just to see if it would allow, no dice. Just as well, I didn't want the added expense of a crew + 6'4" bed anyway.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts