RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

First post, been lurking/researching for the last 6 months. Great forums and very happy to be a member!

I bought my Eco 6 months ago with 6000 miles on it. Started getting the P0299 and P026D codes at around 10,000 miles.

I’ve been doing the dance with the dealer, can’t get more than 40 miles before the codes start popping off. The last 8 weeks have gone like this - drop off the truck on a Monday, dealer scratches head, flashes ECM, and gives it back on a Friday. Within 40 miles I get the CEL and Service Electronic throttle sensor and I take it back Monday morning.

On my last go-around, I noticed a small oil leak coming from one of the oil cooler lines. The dealer replaced the part and I’ve got 100 miles on it with no codes.

Could a pinhole in an oil cooler line possibly be related to the P0299 and P026 codes or is this a fluke/coincidence?

And yes, a GDE tune is in my near future, just wanted get all the goody I can out of my dealer first. Still having a moral dilemma with the fact that I need to spend additional $ to make a new truck work...

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
Hi everyone,

First post, been lurking/researching for the last 6 months. Great forums and very happy to be a member!

I bought my Eco 6 months ago with 6000 miles on it. Started getting the P0299 and P026D codes at around 10,000 miles.

I’ve been doing the dance with the dealer, can’t get more than 40 miles before the codes start popping off. The last 8 weeks have gone like this - drop off the truck on a Monday, dealer scratches head, flashes ECM, and gives it back on a Friday. Within 40 miles I get the CEL and Service Electronic throttle sensor and I take it back Monday morning.

On my last go-around, I noticed a small oil leak coming from one of the oil cooler lines. The dealer replaced the part and I’ve got 100 miles on it with no codes.

Could a pinhole in an oil cooler line possibly be related to the P0299 and P026 codes or is this a fluke/coincidence?

And yes, a GDE tune is in my near future, just wanted get all the goody I can out of my dealer first. Still having a moral dilemma with the fact that I need to spend additional $ to make a new truck work...
Welcome to the forum.

Stick around, search and read a lot. Remember, you can still use your dealer for warranty and service with the tune installed. Don't mention the tune and emphasize there are to be no ECM updates.

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
P0299: The most common causes include an obstructed or faulty turbocharger or supercharger, an air restriction or leak, a faulty boost pressure sensor, or a faulty wastegate regulator bypass valve. There are also various motors, actuator arms, diaphragms, and doors that can fail.

P026B: P026D Fuel Injector (high mass flow)
Component / System (Fuel System Monitoring Injection Quantity – High)
Monitor Strategy Description (Actual air fuel ratio based fueling compared to expected)
Fault Limit (Ratio = (Air fuel ratio based estimated fuel flow Modeled Fuel flow)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the reply and sorry for the delayed response!

I just put 519 miles on the truck today traveling out of state. No codes, no problems at all. Best fuel economy too. Averaged 26.1mpg and it was more responsive. Still have a quarter tank of fuel leftover.

I think I might be one of the first to receive the “fix” from FCA for the P0299 and P026D ghost. Just speculation- but this is the best this truck has been. Like I said in my original post, couldn’t get more than 40 miles before the CEL and Service Electronic Throttle Sensor lights would appear.

Perhaps FCA incorporated some of GDE’s tune into their latest tune? Don’t know... but today I feel like I drove the truck I bought, not the lemon I regretted buying.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Thanks for the reply and sorry for the delayed response!

I just put 519 miles on the truck today traveling out of state. No codes, no problems at all. Best fuel economy too. Averaged 26.1mpg and it was more responsive. Still have a quarter tank of fuel leftover.

I think I might be one of the first to receive the “fix” from FCA for the P0299 and P026D ghost. Just speculation- but this is the best this truck has been. Like I said in my original post, couldn’t get more than 40 miles before the CEL and Service Electronic Throttle Sensor lights would appear.

Perhaps FCA incorporated some of GDE’s tune into their latest tune? Don’t know... but today I feel like I drove the truck I bought, not the lemon I regretted buying.
Same code, Dealer in confused. Had EGR replaced, Intake Manifold, MAF, and MAP. Still coming on . Vehicle is going on being @ dealer for 3 weeks,

1 - 5 of 5 Posts