RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

41 - 60 of 135 Posts

·
Registered
2,979 Posts
First, I have the quad headlight setup. I bought the new Phillips lights from Auto LED that have the adjustable collars for my lows and my fogs. The installation was overly simple and being able to clock the LED lamps is sweet. I think I'm going to pull the grill again and set the collars forward a little to tighten up the beam. I bought lows, fogs, cargo, reverse, and licence plate LEDs all from Auto LED and no problems with any canbus issues so far. I'm also going to take a close look at the highs when I have it back off. I had a lot of room.... I would love to stuff a set in there too if able..... :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk
"Clock the LED lamps"? - what is that?
"Set the collars"? - please post some pics - no clue what you're referring to here

·
Registered
41 Posts
Yea, rotate the collars. Sorry, clocking is just a term we use when setting up turbos. Rotating the housing so everything lines up right.

·
Registered
2,979 Posts
OK, I got part of it - I have the Longhorn Laramie that has the worthless projector headlights. I'm not aware of any collar to adjust. I've had my lights out several times - what am I missing here?

·
Registered
41 Posts
It is the collars on the Phillips ZES bulbs that are adjustable. I'm going to readjust my fogs today and will try to remember to get a few pictures.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Im happy to hear guys are having good luck with the setup from Auto LED Corp. I have had several car washes and severe cold weather without an issue from any of the lights, no messages or anything, just great light.

When I ordered my lights Auto Corp. had told me that they would be getting some Phillips with adjustable base, dkeith942 I would love to see some pictures of this setup if you get the chance.

Reactions: dkeith942

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Did my LED Low beams this aft. Couldn't take out the headlight assemblies unless I removed the grill, and partially broke the 2 lower mounting clips. What a stupid design I might add. Managed to cram both the LED module and the anti flicker module inside the actual housing, and had to trim some of the dust cap to get it to screw on

What a world of difference the lights are. Poor headlights sets the Ram behind Ford and Chev/GMC. Definitely work the $$$ for the upgrade.
I broke two mounting clips too, they are pretty brittle. I plan on repairing them and purchased new clips from Mopar, all four clips cost me 10 or 12 dollars CAD. I purchased four as I totally expect to break the remaining two while I attempt to fix the two broken ones. Better safe than sorry!! Happy to hear you're liking the setup.

·
Registered
41 Posts
The Allen should be to loosen the set screw so you can adjust the collars and flip the heat sinks.

I worked on mine today but squirreled in an entirely different direction. I now have LED low AND high beams!

·
Registered
41 Posts
I have horrible signal here but will try to load some photos. I will say it was damn near impossible to fit but they are AMAZING!

·
Registered
41 Posts

I was going to just try setting the collars to the minimum lamp depth on my 9006 fogs to tighten the beam a little. Instead I squirreled into pulling my headlights to see if there was any way I could squeeze them into my highs. The fogs are 9006 and the highs are 9005 but the locking collars have small tabs and will interchange. I just had to pull the o-rings off the 9006 and use ones from the factory bulbs.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I ordered the 9005 kit and will just switch the lamps only. Then I can put the o-rings back on the 9006s and put them back in the fogs. If anyone is considering trying the same... I flipped the heat sinks. I had to space the sinks slightly up to clear the headlight locking tabs. Clocked the LEDs at 3 and 9. The fit is insanely tight. I gave up a couple of times thinking it wouldn't fit... I also broke a tab on the drivers side dust cover. If anyone knows of one anywhere, pm me. The dealership makes you buy the entire housing.
That said, the beam pattern is outstanding. This pic doesn't do it justice at all.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Here's a couple more pics.

Housing with factory bulb...

All the pieces to try to fit in there...

Half way through the puzzle...

Another of the high beams on...

I guess if I can't find a dust cover I'll just run a small bead of silicone around the broken one to make sure it seals...

·
Registered
41 Posts
Sorry for blowing up the thread lol, but I never once thought I would say I love the headlights on my truck but now I do. With the lows and fogs done, the low beams are fine. The high beams will blow your mind.... it is like the reflector was custom shaped for these. The pattern is great.
Here's a closeup of the installed LED showing the clocking at 3 and 9 if anyone is interested.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
Looks great!! The output looks incredible.

I should be getting the HID kit for the projectors from LED Corp soon. Can't wait to get them, apparently they are super easy to install with just a ballast and bulb.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Looks great!! The output looks incredible.

I should be getting the HID kit for the projectors from LED Corp soon. Can't wait to get them, apparently they are super easy to install with just a ballast and bulb.
Look forward to seeing how you make out with the HID's. I love my new Ram thus far, but the fact that a truck that sells for $70k doesn't come with HID's is just laughable. I don't miss my EcoGoose but the F-150 HID's were absolutely amazing.

41 - 60 of 135 Posts