RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone integrated led light into the front bumper? I was thinking of cutting a 2 inch tall by 10 inch long hole between the sensors on my 2016 ram 1500 and forming a bracket to fit behind it to make the lights look almost flush with the bumper. I like to keep the truck looking as clean as possible without any lights or gadgets hanging off of it all over the place. Let me know what you guys think.

·
Registered
2020 Limited ED 3.92 33gal
159 Posts
Might think about doing 2 then, 1 2x10 hole might look weird. Just make sure you can adjust them so you’re not blinding the crap out of oncoming traffic at night👍

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Might think about doing 2 then, 1 2x10 hole might look weird. Just make sure you can adjust them so you’re not blinding the crap out of oncoming traffic at night👍
Agreed 2 of them and they would be used for off road. I tend to go up and spend time in the mountains more now than I did in the summer and with it getting dark earlier seams like a good thing to add.

·
Registered
2020 Limited ED 3.92 33gal
159 Posts
I bet if you remove the bumper you could probably weld the brackets onto the bumper and do something pretty trick to flush mount it

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
I'd be concerned with corrosion or chrome lifting at the edges of the cuts over time. It wouldn't take long if you live in the salt belt.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I bet if you remove the bumper you could probably weld the brackets onto the bumper and do something pretty trick to flush mount it
I'll have to look for the right led's to fit in that tight spot but if I don't do it soon I might put it off till next summer to take my time and draw it out and have a better plan. If I wait will probably build a bracket and weld it in so I can hopefully a adjust the lights.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'd be concerned with corrosion or chrome lifting at the edges of the cuts over time. It wouldn't take long if you live in the salt belt.
I agree, if I do end up cutting the bumper I would powder coat it once I was done with it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts