RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I have a friend who just had his 2014 Grand Cherokee updated with the settlement flash. He showed me the extensive list of all that is covered under the extended warranty. However, there was no mention of how long it was warrantied for or how many miles that it all was covered. Do any of you know these details? Thanks guys!

·
Registered
106 Posts
Hey guys, I have a friend who just had his 2014 Grand Cherokee updated with the settlement flash. He showed me the extensive list of all that is covered under the extended warranty. However, there was no mention of how long it was warrantied for or how many miles that it all was covered. Do any of you know these details? Thanks guys!
I did not see the length of the extended warranty in the paperwork I received after the AEM update either., just what is covered. Anyone know?

·
Registered
13,420 Posts
Agree the paperwork given to you by the dealer does not cover those topics. On much earlier paperwork I read it was for 4 years and 40,000 miles.

Surely someone here has that link to confirm.

·
Administrator
8,654 Posts
Look here:

Attachments

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I meant to update this earlier. I called FCA. My understanding, from what they said, is that the longest the warranty is good for is an overall 10 years / 120,000 miles. However, if you’re truck is relatively new, the warranty is valid for 4 years / 48,000 miles. But, if you’re like me (my truck just turned over 100,000 miles), your warranty is only good to the 120,000 mile mark, which I’ll hit that in less than 9 months. I’ll be investing in the GDE reflash as well as the transmission tune. I really like the GDE tune!

·
Administrator
8,654 Posts
I meant to update this earlier. I called FCA. My understanding, from what they said, is that the longest the warranty is good for is an overall 10 years / 120,000 miles. However, if you’re truck is relatively new, the warranty is valid for 4 years / 48,000 miles. But, if you’re like me (my truck just turned over 100,000 miles), your warranty is only good to the 120,000 mile mark, which I’ll hit that in less than 9 months. I’ll be investing in the GDE reflash as well as the transmission tune. I really like the GDE tune!
I was under the impression you would still be under warranty for the 4 yr/48K after the AEM is completed.

The Approved Emissions Modification Extended Warranty will not void any outstanding warranty. If there
is a conflict between the Extended Warranty and any outstanding warranty, that conflict will be resolved to
your benefit. The warranty term is the greater of (i) 10 years from the date of initial sale or 120,000 actual
miles on the vehicle odometer, whichever comes first; and (ii) 4 years or 48,000 miles from the date and
mileage of installing the Approved Emissions Modification on the vehicle, whichever comes first. In no
event shall the Extended Warranty apply to or provide any coverage for Eligible Vehicles after May 1,
2029. In the event that an Eligible Vehicle that has received the Approved Emissions Modification is
resold, the remaining Extended Warranty Period, if any, is transferable to subsequent purchasers and
shall continue through the date or mileage determined in this Paragraph for the benefit of such
subsequent purchasers.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I got the flash at 120,000 miles, and just got confirmation from the dealership I have the 4 year/48,000mile warranty now

·
Registered
1 Posts
So, which parts exactly are covered? It states :"The Extended Warranty covers all parts and systems affected by the Approved Emissions Modification.'

·
Registered
479 Posts
I just got home from the dealers AEM flash. He told me that I now have a 10yr / 120k warranty. I told him that he was NUTS . My truck just turned 100059 miles . Now with today’s flash the AEM warranty for my truck is 4 years or until I reach 148000 miles. I made him get on the phone and call FCA . I left him after 20 minutes while he was on hold and told him to get back to me.

·
Registered
13,420 Posts
I just got home from the dealers AEM flash. He told me that I now have a 10yr / 120k warranty. I told him that he was NUTS . My truck just turned 100059 miles . Now with today’s flash the AEM warranty for my truck is 4 years or until I reach 148000 miles. I made him get on the phone and call FCA . I left him after 20 minutes while he was on hold and told him to get back to me.
Think you got it right. Dealer worker there did not know.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts