RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Many years ago, more than 58,000 young men made the ultimate sacrifice on the political battlefields of Vietnam. For the nearly half century that has since elapsed, the ranks of homeless have been disproportionally comprised of veterans that were unable to rejoin society. Astonishingly, by 2010, 300,000 emotionally scarred veterans from that era took their own lives. Vietnam; the war that has yet to end for so many.

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
Hand Salute !

·
Registered
4,263 Posts
For a larger view of the horror of war, we only need to step back 50 years, and then another 30 years. And before that? Let us not forget them....

Vietnam 58,220
WWII 671,278

God bless them all.

·
Registered
218 Posts

·
Registered
405 Posts
I served more recently in desert storm with 2nd/502nd infantry, 101st airborne & sincerely appreciate the support we received back home. However along with the "horrors of war" one must look hard in the mirror nowadays at the horror of our foreign policy....just saying (rant over).

·
Administrator
4,550 Posts
Special day Monday. Somber, Solemn, and Respect come to mind for family and friends who have served and those that gave the ultimate sacrifice. I may be fired for this but John Kerry and Jane Fonda can kiss my ass.:eek:
My Mom was an FAA spotter during WW2, Dad US Army Air Corps CBI theater flying unarmed supply missions over the the Hump. Best on a day that is special to many.
Earl

·
Registered
199 Posts
No matter if it was WW 1, WW 2 or viet, Korea or the desert I cherish every soul who fought. My father Who fought on the HCMS Stormont in WW-2 was my hero and also are the one who fought then and fight now for our freedoms

·
Registered
698 Posts
I have a cousin and some friends whose names are on the memorial in Washington. Haven't been back to visit it for many years, it just depresses me to much as I was the fortunate one and served my time stateside.

Never ending respect for the sacrifice they gave.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts