RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I am quite impressed with how the OEM brakes have worked out for me but its getting time to replace them.
Every when putting on winter tires I remove the brakes and clean them up and relube them I am just about at 150,000km on the truck (2016) with the factory brakes still but its getting time soon. They do have some wear left but at least one rotor is showing signs of that it is slightly warped. I would like to change all 4 corners this fall but I need some help deciding on what to use for hardware. Or best place to shop.
I am sort of leaning towards going to the dealer for the hardware to see if I can get the same life out of them. But if I can find out who makes the OEM stuff I can do that direction as well. I was also thinking of the EBC stuff but douth it will last as long.
I would also like to upgrade the flex lines to braided stainless at the time, I have done this with other cars trucks I own and the pedal feel is greatly improved. I just don't know where to get them if anyone makes them or where to find them.
Anyone care to share experiences?
I am also from Canada

·
Registered
538 Posts
So I am quite impressed with how the OEM brakes have worked out for me but its getting time to replace them.
Every when putting on winter tires I remove the brakes and clean them up and relube them I am just about at 150,000km on the truck (2016) with the factory brakes still but its getting time soon. They do have some wear left but at least one rotor is showing signs of that it is slightly warped. I would like to change all 4 corners this fall but I need some help deciding on what to use for hardware. Or best place to shop.
I am sort of leaning towards going to the dealer for the hardware to see if I can get the same life out of them. But if I can find out who makes the OEM stuff I can do that direction as well. I was also thinking of the EBC stuff but douth it will last as long.
I would also like to upgrade the flex lines to braided stainless at the time, I have done this with other cars trucks I own and the pedal feel is greatly improved. I just don't know where to get them if anyone makes them or where to find them.
I am also from Canada
Factory brakes usually do last longer than anything you can buy from auto parts stores. That being said some auto parts store do lifetime warranty on the pads. When they wear out, take them back and they will give you a new set.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
73 Posts
I installed the PowerStop brake kit on the front and rear and while I thought the truck stopped fine before, it’s better now. This is the 3 time I have used PowerStop brakes and I’ve always had the same results. My 2012 R/T Durango is next!

And make sure you follow the break-in procedure for the brakes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have used EBC for years, they grab better than OEM and last as long if not longer.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
85 Posts
I am also from Canada
For me, I'm a after market kind of guy. I've used the Power Stop dimpled/slotted rotors and EBS pads. That's 3xs on one of my trucks and now onece on the Ram. This last round I couldn't afford the EBS, so power stop all four ways. AWESOME! Great stopping.

Remember, all brakes follow the break in rules. Follow this for any brake pads, shoes, rotors, and drums. The key is not letting the brake and rotor to initially 'match' when hot.

https://www.powerstop.com/brake-pad-break-in-procedure/

Let me know if I can help... Long time fighter jet mech... Longer time shade tree mech..

Thanks STKR

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Has anyone upgraded the brake lines?
I have experience working with aggressive pads but find they are very hard on rotors. I use carboteh AX6 on my car they are very very good for braking but I go though 2 sets of rotors for each set of pads. I don't need to go there with the truck.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts