RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,
New to the forum I have a 17 Eco and my family bought it new. We have 15K on it now and I decided to level it and put 35s under it.
Measuring from center of the wheel wells
Rear went from 39" high to 41 1/4 (I have bags on the back so can bring it up another inch or so if needed.
Front went from 36 1/2" high to 40 1/2.

The truck looks so much better in my opinion.

I just started driving the truck after I bought it from my dad so I don't know what the MPG loss is.
I live in the PNW and have many summits i climb on I-5 an got 18.5 according to teh computer and 20.5 according to fill up to fillup on my last trip with 75mpg CC even up 6% grades.
Before the tires I got 24.5 ( different trip went south)

Assuming almost a 4mpg drop with the tires but I don't have my speedo re calibrated (yet)

·
Registered
154 Posts
Hi All,
New to the forum I have a 17 Eco and my family bought it new. We have 15K on it now and I decided to level it and put 35s under it.
Measuring from center of the wheel wells
Rear went from 39" high to 41 1/4 (I have bags on the back so can bring it up another inch or so if needed.
Front went from 36 1/2" high to 40 1/2.

The truck looks so much better in my opinion.

I just started driving the truck after I bought it from my dad so I don't know what the MPG loss is.
I live in the PNW and have many summits i climb on I-5 an got 18.5 according to teh computer and 20.5 according to fill up to fillup on my last trip with 75mpg CC even up 6% grades.
Before the tires I got 24.5 ( different trip went south)

Assuming almost a 4mpg drop with the tires but I don't have my speedo re calibrated (yet)
Is there any noticeable improvements... Ride comfort, smoothness?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hard to tell because i did the 35s at the same time.
They are not a touring tire like factory and im also running 46psi in them.

A little rougher but i think that's just the tires.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'd say a little rougher but I also did 35s at the same time with 45psi.

You'd be really hard pressed to notice a difference.

·
Registered
620 Posts
How do you like the ride quality with the billsteins vs stock? Does it ride more rough than factory?
Yes, they are more rough than factory. Factory ride is smooth as butter like a Cadillac. Bilstein/Fox are stiffer in comparison but ride like a truck should IMO. Nothing bad but definitely stiffer by comparison to factory.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Hard to tell because i did the 35s at the same time.
They are not a touring tire like factory and im also running 46psi in them.

A little rougher but i think that's just the tires.
Love the look of the Ridge Grapplers. Just had a set installed y'day. Quieter than expected. Will test off pavement soon.
Why 46psi?
Go Ducks!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts