RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if anyone is going to lift the front end a little?
And if so, which brand of levelling kit are you going to use?
New to Ram trucks, so any advice would be helpful.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Just wondering if anyone is going to lift the front end a little?
And if so, which brand of levelling kit are you going to use?
New to Ram trucks, so any advice would be helpful.
I'm looking at the Skyjacker front lift leveling kit. Its nice and easy, Chrysler recognizes the parts as warranty-approved parts, plus it's fully modular(so you can combine the parts with other kits+parts in the Skyjacker product line.

ALSO, there's some pretty great stuff out there and Andys Auto Sport shows a bunch of kits under the 2009+ model category that appear compatible with 2014 trucks(based on part numbers) and are pre-assembled. You can use their kits as your own shopping list, and get parts individually.

·
Registered
346 Posts
I have been ogling lift kits for the Outdoorsman I want to get. 4" seems to be a great medium for lift and looks. With all the "issues" surrounding the EcoD, can lift kits even be put on them? If so, does anyone know the particulars on what may or may not void the warranties when it comes to lift kits?

·
Registered
366 Posts
I have been ogling lift kits for the Outdoorsman I want to get. 4" seems to be a great medium for lift and looks. With all the "issues" surrounding the EcoD, can lift kits even be put on them? If so, does anyone know the particulars on what may or may not void the warranties when it comes to lift kits?
Leveling kits are easy, don't void the warranty, don't affect mileage much, and unless you're hot-rodding on pavement the amount of lift required won't really change handling much. They're also cheap and easy to get.

The suspension parts on the Ecodiesel are the same as the Hemi, so theoretically it should all bolt up. Clearance in the engine bay shouldn't be much different, because the engine is actually smaller than the Hemi V-8, and the transmission/rolling gear are in the same place so it shouldn't interfere there. In the back end, there's a little more weight but nothing that I could see in the way on stuff to interfere with the suspension(which doesn't change much structurally as far as size/placement with the kit). I don't see why the same suspension kits won't fit this truck because structurally it's the same, just the engine/fuel system really change. I'm actually calling the dealership in a few minutes to get the price on a kit with installation, so I'll update this post later today.

I priced leveling kits for a while, but the 4" lift looks so damn good, and rather than get the leveling kit "for now" I'll get a 4" lift.

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
Won't be doing this. Then my front end will be too high when towing the camper.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Won't be doing this. Then my front end will be too high when towing the camper.
My 2 campers are a brand new 550-lb ultra light or a modified 2,000lb old-style Scotty trailer but I'm still at the planning stage. All I need is (I think) a custom hitch tongue.
I'm even starting to toy with the idea of the Scotty trailer on a new axle with bigger rims/tires. All depends when the truck shows up, the longer it takes the more I have saved away for goodies lol

·
Registered
366 Posts
I talked to my dealer and they won't price out a lift kit for any Ecodiesel truck yet because they don't have any units to compare part #s to yet.

·
Registered
132 Posts
I was told at my dealer that the level kit I have in my current truck (2012) is going to work on my new truck it is a 3" front and 1.5' in the rear, they installed it at the dealership so I forget the brand I think it is a rough country. with the rake in these new trucks I put it in to gain a little clearance. just a bonus that it looks great.

·
Registered
362 Posts
I was told at my dealer that the level kit I have in my current truck (2012) is going to work on my new truck it is a 3" front and 1.5' in the rear, they installed it at the dealership so I forget the brand I think it is a rough country. with the rake in these new trucks I put it in to gain a little clearance. just a bonus that it looks great.
Pics?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
132 Posts
IMG_0803.jpg IMG_0804.jpg

this was in june 2012. haven't seen that shine since. new one is granite silver and I am putting the same rims on it as in these pics.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Nice looking truck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
132 Posts
17inch. It came with the 20s. I work in the woods so got these 17s instead, and sold the 20s and stock tires. the tires are 285, when I measured the circumference of both sets there was only 1/8" difference so I didn't have to mess with the speedometer.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Priced out a levelling kit from the dealership installed and realigned they want 600$Canadian and it also doesn't void your warranty .

·
Registered
12 Posts
Take a look at the Bilstein 5100 adjustable leveling kit.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
346 Posts
Watersupply189, let us know what difference it has on your mpg.

·
Registered
531 Posts
I haven't noticed any difference on my MPG after installing these Bilstien 5100"s. The only thing I did notice is that the ride is a little stiffer compared to the stock height but hey its a truck and I'm happy with the out come of the lift...

·
Registered
50 Posts
what did you pay for the 5100's?

1 - 20 of 56 Posts