RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone.
I just got a 2015 Eco and I am wanting to level it plus have a little better suspension than the stock. It seems everyone that has done this has used the Bilstein's over anything else. Are the 5100's better than the 6112"s with the coils or are the coils that much better than stock? I know I need to replace the upper A-arm due to the change. What is everyone running or had the best luck with?
Also, I don't want to run the 20" rims I would like to have more sidewall on my tire. Can I do 17's on the truck or is the smallest rim I can go a 18"?
Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Hi everyone.
I just got a 2015 Eco and I am wanting to level it plus have a little better suspension than the stock. It seems everyone that has done this has used the Bilstein's over anything else. Are the 5100's better than the 6112"s with the coils or are the coils that much better than stock? I know I need to replace the upper A-arm due to the change. What is everyone running or had the best luck with?
Also, I don't want to run the 20" rims I would like to have more sidewall on my tire. Can I do 17's on the truck or is the smallest rim I can go a 18"?
Thanks in advance.
To answer your first question.
https://www.shocksurplus.com/pages/bilstein-6112-or-5100-shocks-know-before-you-buy

·
Registered
279 Posts
I’m on 17” OEM rebel wheels wi5 35x12.50x17 General Grabber X3’s

I used bilstein 5100 shocks set at 2.8” lift. Been running this combo almost a year with no problems. Love this setup. You will burn more fuel tho. Lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7 Posts
I just picked a 2014 eco. After coming on this sight, I figured I would do a slight lift on my truck. So I went with the 5100s front set on 2.8, and the Bilstein 5160 with remote res for the rear. I am also going to ad the PRORYDE adj spacers, and a Carly suspension track bar drop down bracket for the rear.

I will post pictures and the results tomorrow. Really looking forward to seeing how the truck will look, and feel with the new shocks.

·
Registered
496 Posts
I just picked a 2014 eco. After coming on this sight, I figured I would do a slight lift on my truck. So I went with the 5100s front set on 2.8, and the Bilstein 5160 with remote res for the rear. I am also going to ad the PRORYDE adj spacers, and a Carly suspension track bar drop down bracket for the rear.

I will post pictures and the results tomorrow. Really looking forward to seeing how the truck will look, and feel with the new shocks.
Sweet! I went Fox 2.0's in the rear with 5100's in the front. I would have paired with the 5160's in the rear had I known they existed. I think you made a good choice.

I put 1" spacers in the rear and in hindsight I would leave them out. Just fyi...

Looking forward to the pics/measurements.

Btw... I live off I80 and work in Rocklin.

Attachments

·
Registered
638 Posts
I'm running 2016 Rebel 17" with 285x70-17 E with no problems.
One suggestion is to replace the OEM lug nuts as they are soft metal capped with the chrome.
They round easy, especially by tire shop air guns, and when they do are a pain to remove.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Sweet! I went Fox 2.0's in the rear with 5100's in the front. I would have paired with the 5160's in the rear had I known they existed. I think you made a good choice.

I put 1" spacers in the rear and in hindsight I would leave them out. Just fyi...

Looking forward to the pics/measurements.

Btw... I live off I80 and work in Rocklin.
I posted the pictures in the suspension section. I used the PRORYDE rear adj spacers. You can go 1" 1.5" 2.0". I went with 1.5 to give it slight rake. So far I have put a few hundred miles on it, and I really like the way it feels.

I live right off riverside and cirby in roseville.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts