RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dealer has a program for 1,200 bucks you get lifetime oil changes and tire rotation. This is my first eco diesel and not sure what yearly maintenance would cost or an average oil change for that matter. I put about 50k a year on my daily driver. It almost sounds like a no brainer if I plan on keeping the truck for 3-5 years.
What do you guys think? It also includes a yearly detailing, and engine guarantee up to $3,500 which probably wouldn’t cover an engine replacement full but still.

·
Registered
4,454 Posts
I can change my own oil for around $70. Dealer changes usually start around $200. Cheapest tire rotation here is $12, most places $25 and up. You can do the math and see if it's worth it for you.

·
Registered
746 Posts
You need to verify how many changes per year you get, etc. I got mine for $700 when I bought my truck and got duped, only allowed 2 changes per year and I needed 4 for the amount of miles I put on. Just make sure it fits your situation, they’re either a great or terrible deal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
389 Posts
Do you trust them to use the correct grade/type of oil?

·
Super Moderator
3,256 Posts
FYI Oil change interval is every 10k as you likely know. $65 - 70 is what it costs me to change my own. $125 when the dealership did it back when the truck was under warranty.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Because oil and fuel filter is very easy to change on our trucks, some people do there own. its very important to keep receipts, also keep all used filters with date and miles of each filters, Just in case!

·
Registered
396 Posts
Buy a couple of ramps and install a Fumoto oil drain valve. Makes an oil change easy and can be done any time you want, at home. When I say easy I mean EASY. With the valve it can be done with no mess and gives some satisfaction of doing some maintenance yourself. Having a top loading oil filter cartridge and the drain valve changing oil is a pleasure. AND you don't have to worry that someone else used the wrong oil.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Just had oil, filter & fuel filter done at stealer (only because I had tone ring failure) on my JGC. $465 later... granted the JGC has 2 fuel filters, but DAMN!! Service guy said the 2020s now have 2.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Who needs ramps? I just slide in under on a piece of cardboard and it is easy peizy.
it tilts the crank case back allowing for a more complete draining. Also gives more room for the 10+ quart container. I use an old 2.5 gal oil container then an OJ bottle or something similar for the extra. Makes it easier with more room. At least that's what works for me.

·
Registered
744 Posts
My driveway has bout a 10* incline so my oil pan is tilted already. I have an oil drain pan that is flat and holds about 15 l and has a wide funnel attachment to catch the oil. Next change should be easier as last time I put a Furmoto valve on it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts