RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

Did your lift pump fail? If so, when did it fail?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
3,983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
We are taking a poll to see when lift pump failures have occurred so that others can make more informed decisions about future reliably and repairs. This poll is for all 2014 - 2019 Ram EcoDiesel trucks.

Did your lift pump fail? If so, when did it fail? Please you the poll to tabulate answers.

You can change your vote when you increase mileage or to document a lift pump failure.

Please note:
Tapatalk doesn't support forum polls.

·
Registered
3,983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Saving this space for future thoughts based on the outcomes of this poll.

·
Registered
3,983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
3,983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
So far, 3 people have reported failures and 17 have not reported failures. Keep the data coming! It's good to see that 3 people have had their lift pumps live a happy and healthy live for 175,000+ miles!

·
Registered
70 Posts
We are taking a poll to see when lift pump failures have occurred so that others can make more informed decisions about future reliably and repairs. This poll is for all 2014 - 2019 Ram EcoDiesel trucks.

Did your lift pump fail? If so, when did it fail? Please you the poll to tabulate answers.

You can change your vote when you increase mileage or to document a lift pump failure.

Please note:
At the risk of sounding like an idiot, what the heck are you referring to as a "lift pump".

·
Registered
3,983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
At the risk of sounding like an idiot, what the heck are you referring to as a "lift pump".
It's good to ask questions if you want to learn more. The lift pump is the in-tank pump that feeds the high-pressure fuel pump. It looks like this:

With the bed removed, you can see the top of the pump here:

Reactions: markcfoster

·
Registered
3,983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
The poll can't account for my situation, so I'll say it here. No issues on my 2018 as yet, and I have 68,000 km on it. It's still a puppy.
Actually, the poll does account for your situation, and you still can vote. You would choose this category: "Pump has not failed before 100,000 miles"

·
Registered
3,983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
1 - 20 of 24 Posts