RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
4" lift stock 20's :cool: It gets about 16-18 in the city and 20-22 on the highway, average about 19-20 and I don't drive to save fuel :rolleyes:

Attachments

·
Registered
177 Posts
4" lift stock 20's :cool: It gets about 16-18 in the city and 20-22 on the highway, average about 19-20 and I don't drive to save fuel :rolleyes:
Looks clean, I'd have to get the larger M/T tires if I lifted ours...then the MPG would be down in the teens all the time.
The reason I sold Big Blue...awesome go anywhere truck but was drinking the fuel. 10 all the time after the lift and 35s.
19702090_10203437185247218_1396433732866262154_n.jpg

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a 2017 with the bilstein level kit, icon control arms, Icon rear springs. I was going to go with the ready lift SST 4 inch on the front. Called them, said if you off road it at all stay away from it. At full drop, it rubs the front axle!!! It is made for road use only, to cruise the parking lots and look pretty. . I have four sets of tires all mounted on 17 inch rims. I have some copper 4 ply 265, I see very little change after I leveled truck, I used the Icon rear springs to retain rake. I have two sets of 285 tires. one 4 ply one 10 ply. The 4 ply are yokohama, almost a street tread. I see about 1.5 MPG loss. the ten ply are a cheap eldorado mud tire. I see a good 5 mpg loss. The 305 tire is a TOYO AT 10 ply, I see about 5mpg loss. With my experience, its more about the weight and tread design. Waiting on the coopers to wear out to put my favorite tire on for the winter, NOKIAN AT. I Ran a set of these tires before leveled. They was a ten ply, I saw very little difference between the junk stock 4 ply goodyears and the 10 ply Nokians. Truck has GDE, and straight piped. Has upgraded plumbing and a aftermarket intercooler. Truck will get 27 to 29 MPG running 68 mph on 265s, all interstate! Truck was bought new in 2018, has 125K miles in 1 year 8 months. I work 350 miles from my house, so I am putting 700 miles a week on the exact same roads. Then another 100 to 200 while at work a week.

·
Registered
136 Posts
125 thousand miles in one year, 8 months? That's impressive!

How do you like the Bilstein/ICON combo? I had spec'd out the exact set up for my truck as an option when mapping out how I'd like to build it. I ended up going a bit bigger but I am sure I would have been very happy what you're running.

I ended up going with a BDS 6" lift with the 5" rear coil option, Bilstein 5100s on all 4 corners with the front set at the 2.1" perch, Mevotech control arms, and rear air bags from Timbergrove (which I really love). The bags gave the truck a bit more rake than I wanted so I am contemplating setting the front struts to the 2.8" perch. Preloading the springs a little more may also stiffen up the front a little, which I think my truck needs. Tires are 35x12.5 Nitto Ridge Grapplers. Aside from trying to stiffen up the front a little, I think the only other suspension upgrade I'll look into doing is a beefier rear sway bar.

Truck gets about 22 mpg (uncorrected for larger tires) with GDE goodness for both the engine and transmission. Gears are 3.92

Attachments

·
Registered
495 Posts
About a 3" lift with "custom" pieced together setup.

FRONT:
Bilstein 5100's set at 2.8
ReadyLIFT UCA's
Suspension Maxx SMX-1300L Sway Bar End Links

REAR:
Fox 2.0's
Timbergrove Airbags
Core4x4 Sway Bar End Links
(Want a Hellwig Sway Bar)

ALL:
17x8 Ram Rebel Wheels
Supreme Suspensions 1.5" Hub Centric Wheel Spacers
315/70r17 Mickey Thompson ATZP3 Tires
McGard Black Lug Nuts

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
Here is the wife's 2016 Laramie. It has the Bilstein 5100s front and rear. This was taken right before we put the Air Lift 1000s on it.
truck.jpg

·
Registered
7 Posts
View attachment 73688

Pic above ^

4" lift , 35" Tires. went from 26 ave. mpgs to 21 ave mpgs.

Also , Thank you for your service !
After adding the larger tires did you recalibrate your Speedometer and odometer to read correctly?
My wife's truck is running 35x11.50s on her stock rims and saw almost the exact same change in MPGs. Her speedo is not recalibrated so her speedometer/odometer and MPGs are all showing about 4.5% lower than actual.

·
Registered
119 Posts
My wife's truck is running 35x11.50s on her stock rims and saw almost the exact same change in MPGs. Her speedo is not recalibrated so her speedometer/odometer and MPGs are all showing about 4.5% lower than actual.
The 26 to 21 is nearly a 25% drop in MPGs. for 4" lift and 35s, thats too much of a loss. Id bet re-calibrated it's still getting 23ish

21 - 31 of 31 Posts