RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 101 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
No one seems to know if the lift kits will work on the diesel Rams. I would like to put a 4 or 6 in lift and some 35s on my truck. Anyone have any info?

·
Registered
362 Posts
I don't see why they wouldn't work other than some sort of exhaust clearance issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
366 Posts
I think theyre being cautious because i agree they should be the same parts. Whatever company puts out a 6 inch first im getting it. My rims and tires kinda need the lift. If the Hemi kits work I want skyjacker theyre really complete

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
what wheels and tires you looking at? I am looking at Mickey Thompson ATZ p3 tires in 35 inch and 6 inch lift. Dodge has a 4 in lift they will put on but I think the 6 looks better but ill look at both. Wheels I am looking at being maybe 18 in instead of 20? Maybe 17in?? Don't know. Probably go with the 18s or 20s. Wheels I haven't decided yet. Like to keep stock wheels but don't think they will work on the bigger tires.

·
Registered
18 Posts
C'mon Bro, fixem so we can see!!

Also very interested in the real world mpg you are gonna get with this setup. I'd love to get a 10mpg increase over my current setup.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Very good ride quality. Drop of 4-5 mpg. About 22 mpg highway
You loose that much mpg? I ll have to think twice about putting any lift on. I didn't think this engine would be affected that much by a 4" lift

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: dddd

·
Registered
84 Posts
With the lift and bigger tires I can see it being that much of a loss. I am not sure but if he is running 3.55 gear the engine is also working a little more. If that is the case I sure that running 3.92 gear would help out some. I got the 3.92 gear in my truck and this was the only reason that I did because I knew I was going to be lifting it and running 35" tires.

1 - 20 of 101 Posts