RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guy's,

Has anyone had a dealer tell them that running boards on the limited are not standard with the diesel engine option? The day after I ordered the truck I get a call from the dealer telling me that if I want the running boards I will have to pay for the option. Thought they were standard with this trim? Thanks Ramjet

Sent from my LG-D803 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hi guy's,

Has anyone had a dealer tell them that running boards on the limited are not standard with the diesel engine option? The day after I ordered the truck I get a call from the dealer telling me that if I want the running boards I will have to pay for the option. Thought they were standard with this trim? Thanks Ramjet

My truck showed up without them, but they're on my window sticker. The dealer is investigating why they're not there.

My truck was also missing the fender flares that other's have been getting. I have a couple of sources of information showing they should be installed.

I'll let you know how things go.

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
They are standard on a limited I deleted them... got a 850 credit!

·
Registered
213 Posts
My truck showed up without them, but they're on my window sticker. The dealer is investigating why they're not there.

My truck was also missing the fender flares that other's have been getting. I have a couple of sources of information showing they should be installed.

I'll let you know how things go.
When I first ordered my Limited, the 28M (Limited) package was a CAN $2995 option. I looked at a Limited with a Hemi at the dealer's today and it showed the 28M package as being $2995. Yet when the dealer received the invoice for my truck, the 28M package showed a MSRP of $2145 and the Wheel to Wheel side steps for $850; still a total of $2995. For some reason the steps are now shown as a separate item, probably because they can be a delete item. I don't think it has anything to do with the diesel option, nor the air suspension.
The steps are installed at the vendor level, so the local dealer could just as easily install them, as long as you aren't paying for them twice.
Regarding the wheel flares; they don't seem to be installed on even recently built Limiteds, unless you get the total appearance package including chrome bumpers. Altho one of our posters reported getting them on their truck, I twice asked for pictures and questions regarding them but had no response. Hopefully my truck will arrive this week and I will see if it has them. I hope so, but rather doubt that it will. I will advise.

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Mine showed up today with no fender flares, if I knew how I would post the couple pics I took after it came off the truck

·
Registered
213 Posts
My Limited arrived this evening. Still on the car carrier, but looks sharp. No flares however, but it does have the wheel to wheel steps and "Limited" on the tailgate.
In the future, I may add the Bushwacker OE style flares but will drive it for awhile first, before I decide.
I'm glad it has the regular Limited wheels and not the WRT optional wheels. I think they are much more attractive.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the insight guys really appreciate it. Just curious when did you order your truck chris12559? Know your a southern Ontario guy. Be nice to know the time line.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
My Limited arrived this evening. Still on the car carrier, but looks sharp. No flares however, but it does have the wheel to wheel steps and "Limited" on the tailgate.
In the future, I may add the Bushwacker OE style flares but will drive it for awhile first, before I decide.
I'm glad it has the regular Limited wheels and not the WRT optional wheels. I think they are much more attractive.

What are the WRT wheels?

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
I ordered mine march 12th from ontario crhysler on Dixie rd.

·
Registered
213 Posts
What are the WRT wheels?

I think I have the code letters right. They are a 20" forged wheel, recently announced as an option on the Limited. I have seen pics of them posted on another forum. They are a 6 spoke wheel, similar to the wheels on a 2012 Longhorn. Not near as attractive as the standard Limited wheels, IMO.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I think I have the code letters right. They are a 20" forged wheel, recently announced as an option on the Limited. I have seen pics of them posted on another forum. They are a 6 spoke wheel, similar to the wheels on a 2012 Longhorn. Not near as attractive as the standard Limited wheels, IMO.
Thanks

1 - 13 of 13 Posts