RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been playing around with options and packages for the Ram, but for some reason I can't find a combination I like:

I like the limited interior, since the details are a little more subtle than the LongHorn (the stitching and etching are a little less over the top from what I've seen).

But, I like the look of the longhorn exterior, with the chrome bumpers and fender flares. I know the limited has a "bright bumper" option, but I haven't seen any photos. Is it just the standard chrome ram bumper?

Is there a way to order it with the fender flares? I wonder why they chose to not include them on the limited model?

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Getting exactly what you want is not an option with assembly lines. Choose the model that comes closest and then modify what you can after delivery. Cruise dealer lots, online galleries and the RamTrucks builder to get an idea of what certain trim levels and colors look like. Be flexible.

Also, do not put much faith in the RamTrucks builder. It does not show everything and some of the options it does show are unavailable. Production runs, parts availability and the moon phase cause frustrating restrictions.

·
Registered
369 Posts
the Limited has limited options........but it has most of the options you would get in the other levels......I got the chrome bumpers....love the look! the interior is fantastic!! you won't regret it!!

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
As stated above, the Ram build configurator will build you a truck that the dealer can't order. No one seems to know why.

For the 'filigree' or tattoo patterns on the longhorn addition leather, there is a no cost option to opt for no filigree in the interior options section

·
Registered
583 Posts
On the LImited, there is a $200 option called something like "Bright Appearance Package" = chrome front and rear bumpers. I'm like you, I prefer chrome bumpers on MY truck.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts