RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

Little nugget from GDE

4K views 16 replies 14 participants last post by  damien256 
#1 ·
Grabbed this little nugget of info from a user over on the Jeep Eco forum. This user had emailed GDE to see if future tunes would be available and this was the reply from GDE:
"Brent,

We hope to have something worked out with EPA within 6 months.

Thanks"
Let's not turn this thread into a debate over the environment or it'll get closed like previous threads lol. If you have something to say about future tunes, let's hear it.

My guess is they'll be EPA compliant, which means no delete tunes and no turning off the EGR. I'd take it if it were the only option, and it removed pilot injection.

#5 ·
I'm slowing succumbing to the fact that EGR is here to stay & there's nothing we can do about. I'm about to pull the trigger on ordering a gen-3 eco, but am having some hesitancy due to not knowing if there will be anything you can do about simple things like correcting a dead petal issue to help drivability. None of us know how the gen-3 will actually drive or if it will have dead petal / turbo lag issues like the gen-2's did. Not having GDE in the game makes the gen-3 decision a little tougher.

One thing I was always un-happy about on my '14 ED was that I had spend extra money on an aftermarket tuner to make the truck drivable. FCA should have been able to produce a truck that met emissions regulations and not have a dead petal from a stop. The other thing I don't get about FCA is why they aren't building the gen-3's with exhaust brake capabilities, especially after GDE showed all of us it can be done with software programming & doesn't need additional components.

#6 ·
I'm about to pull the trigger on ordering a gen-3 eco, but am having some hesitancy due to not knowing if there will be anything you can do about simple things like correcting a dead petal issue to help drivability. None of us know how the gen-3 will actually drive or if it will have dead petal / turbo lag issues like the gen-2's did.
So, just wait until it is known.

#9 ·
Here is a little speculation on my part.
The post DPF EGR is our best option for reducing soot through intake manifold.. Can GDE come up with a way to do that? ( who knows )
A compliant, combination trans and performance tune may entice some off road tune people to purchase a compliant tune.
Here is some wishful thinking. Maybe GDE can offer a little trade for the non compliant tune.
GDE had great product. here is hoping they can do it again.

#10 ·
Here is a little speculation on my part.
The post DPF EGR is our best option for reducing soot through intake manifold.. Can GDE come up with a way to do that? ( who knows )
A compliant, combination trans and performance tune may entice some off road tune people to purchase a compliant tune.

Here is some wishful thinking. Maybe GDE can offer a little trade for the non compliant tune.
GDE had great product. here is hoping they can do it again.
May be speculation on my part but GDE will never be able to legally adjust or modify the operation of a OEM EGR in the USA........AND they will never respond in writing or post anything otherwise.
Having said that.....EGR's modifications are forever off the table and not up for discussion.

#15 ·
It's too late to get anything close to what we have right now from GDE. I also sent them an email after getting their recorded phone message for the fifth time. That kinda pisses my off. I mean they could actually talk to their valued customers IMO. If you go to their website everything is marked sold out even the trans tunes! If I didn't know any better (and I don't) I would say they are out of business.

#17 ·
I hear your frustration but........I have personal experience in matters like these. Specifically, they might, I stress MIGHT, have had to agree to either a gag order about their situation or, at the very least, a non disclosure with the threat of future fines or other retaliatory measures should they even talk about this.....
I happen to respect GDE very much, I believe the crickets speak loud and clear.

Good Luck GDE... cut them some slack please, thank you

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.