RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are people doing if they need to take the truck in for service? The dealers around here don't seem to offer free loaners.

I believe the maxcare warranty program offers $35/day for loaners. Not sure if this comes into effect after the standard 3/36k warranty is over though.

One dealership mentioned Chrysler may have a program to cover rental for something like $63/year.

·
Registered
610 Posts
I know this won't help you at all, but when we were negotiating on the price for our ED, one of the caveats the dealer brought up was "...when it comes in for service, warranty or recall work, we will give you a loaner when you drop off the truck..."
Sounded so good, I had him write it down in the contract. We may end up with a dart, or a used car, but at least it's something.
In the last 20 years, the only time we got a loaner was when we owned our Volvo XC90, and the tranny was being replaced! Before that, Jeep gave us a used Dodge Shadow as a loaner while our Jeep Renegades engine was being replaced (1500km).
I'll let ya know if we actually get a loaner when we go in.

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

·
Registered
166 Posts
Same here. Dealer said that's just a service they provide. No cost. Might have him put it in writing too just in case.

·
Administrator
9,648 Posts
No 3 day minimum with Maxcare. The loaner is included even if it's in for less than a full day. At least that's how it worked with maxcare on my Grand Cherokjee.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts