RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who all has successfully received a loaner vehicle while we're waiting on recall parts?
How much coolant were you losing, and what was process with the dealer to get the loaner?
I've noticed I'm losing about 1/2" of coolant per thousand miles, have had dealer top it off once.

Tracy

·
Registered
17 Posts
Gateway Dodge in Orange Texas has away accommodated me with a loner.

I didn't even buy the vehicle from them but they are the only one within 75 miles of me that I'll let work on my vehicle.

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
I haven't, but the documentation clearly states a loaner is to be made available to an owner even if the customer is simply concerned for their safety, regardless of repair status. Dealers can be uninformed, misinformed, or difficult. But this was FCA's official policy on the matter.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
122 Posts
Who all has successfully received a loaner vehicle while we're waiting on recall parts?
How much coolant were you losing, and what was process with the dealer to get the loaner?
I've noticed I'm losing about 1/2" of coolant per thousand miles, have had dealer top it off once.

Tracy
When my EGR failed my dealer got me a rental from Enterprise. They simply called Enterprise, and I went and got the rental. They footed the bill for 28 days.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Got a loaner after talking to FCA. I had taken it to a local dealer (I am second owner) after loosing nearly a gallon of coolant in about 1500-2000 miles. Put 2+2 together after getting recall notice. Dealer said no visible leaks and I said of course since it is consumed. They sort of nodded when I mentioned EGR cooler leak, but when I asked for a loaner they flatly refused saying vehicle was driveable. The dealer service department is lame (tried to sell me a brake job, lost my fob, didn’t send in AEM report after doing it, guys there looked like they didn’t want to be there, etc.) dealer is in Cary, NC.
FCA much more helpful and is allowing anything up to $40/day and I am being reimbursed. Am doing monthly rentals to get rates down and got first reimbursement check a couple of days ago. I did have to push a bit to get case escalated, but since then the FCA recall person on my case has been very good - even reminded me to sent in receipt for reimbursement after 30 days.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Got a loaner after talking to FCA. I had taken it to a local dealer (I am second owner) after loosing nearly a gallon of coolant in about 1500-2000 miles. Put 2+2 together after getting recall notice. Dealer said no visible leaks and I said of course since it is consumed. They sort of nodded when I mentioned EGR cooler leak, but when I asked for a loaner they flatly refused saying vehicle was driveable. The dealer service department is lame (tried to sell me a brake job, lost my fob, didn’t send in AEM report after doing it, guys there looked like they didn’t want to be there, etc.) dealer is in Cary, NC.
FCA much more helpful and is allowing anything up to $40/day and I am being reimbursed. Am doing monthly rentals to get rates down and got first reimbursement check a couple of days ago. I did have to push a bit to get case escalated, but since then the FCA recall person on my case has been very good - even reminded me to sent in receipt for reimbursement after 30 days.
Sounds like a dealer problem... when my EGR cooler valve failed ( necessitating EGR cooler replacement) my dealer in Salisbury, NC had a rental vehicle arranged before I even asked for one. No reimbursement involved. They payed for that rental for 28 days.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I loose about half my coolant in a couple of DAYS, yes I said days!!! Chrysler dealership has informed me to not drive my truck until the EGR cooler is replaced, as it is a fire hazzard, they did not offer a vehicle as I was the sixth person with a complete EGR coolant failure, so no loaners available, I have contacted FCA everyday for a week, to say that they are completely unhelpful would be an understatement.
I learned from a Dodge service manager today that FCA have informed dealership to suspend the recal on the EGR coolant until further notice and that no replacement EGR are available. I asked FCA yesterday when they would restart making the replacement part available again, they have no resume date, this is completely unreal, FCA has know about the problem with the EGR for over a year and a half, they did not use that time to rectify the problem, this is such an awful experience, how does FCA hope to keep customers when they sell garbage and don't honor their warranty?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Call FCA and have whoever you talk to escalate your case so that you get a loaner. The dealer I went to would not provide a loaner either but FCA allowed a reimbursable-based loaner at the equivalent of $40/day (you will arrange your own loaner). I rent by the month (to get lower rate) and submit receipts monthly and FCA reimburses. We are all stuck with no new fix at least until April.

·
Registered
889 Posts
If you have rental coverage through your insurance, call them too. They're a lot bigger than you are and may be able to persaude FCA to cover the rental. If they're proactive, I'm sure the insurance company would much rather pay for a rental than cover the full loss of the truck due to a fire.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts