RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have read various posts about specific payload posted on the vehicle, but I have not found it on mine. Stickers on door and door jamb give tire size, pressure etc., axle rating, but I did not see payload. Do I need to look elsewhere? Any help is appreciated!

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
I have read various posts about specific payload posted on the vehicle, but I have not found it on mine. Stickers on door and door jamb give tire size, pressure etc., axle rating, but I did not see payload. Do I need to look elsewhere? Any help is appreciated!
The Tire and Loading Information sticker should have a line that reads, "The combined weight of occupants and cargo should never exceed 635 kg or 1400 lbs," as an example. That is your official payload and includes the driver, passengers, cargo, and tongue weight of a trailer. It assumes full fuel and DEF tanks. See the section on Tire Loading and Tire Pressure in the Owner's Manual.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Bigfoot, Thanks I read the label with my glasses on and it's right there! 1006lbs. I thought 150lbs for driver was excluded from that number-no?

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Bigfoot, Thanks I read the label with my glasses on and it's right there! 1006lbs. I thought 150lbs for driver was excluded from that number-no?
I thought so, too, but the manual clearly says, "Subtract the combined weight of the driver and passengers." The confusion may be because Ram includes a 150-pound driver in the gross combination weight (GCW) that is used for towing specs.

·
Registered
13,687 Posts
My bad. I keep confusing payload with towing capacity. Sorry.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Captanimal, Thanks anyway. My tow capacity should be about 8400lbs with the 3.92. I'm averaging 24.5 MPG in mixed driving and that includes an hour of idle time. I'm glad I opted for the 3.92 as I think when towing travel trailer performance will be,decent.

·
Registered
231 Posts
I went to the Ram website and used the screen to find how much the truck could tow (I dont remember the exact name of it). It will allow you to find a specific truck based on your build or you can enter your vehicle identification number and it will give you the exact for your vehicle. My truck is rated to 7550 lbs towing. I printed out the screen and put the copy in my glove box. Its the only way I knew for sure what my rated towing limit was.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts