RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up my Lone Star Crew 4x4 on Friday. After work on Monday I put it in drive and heard a metal rubbing sound. Put it in park and it stopped. Was not too far from a dealership so I was going to take it in driving slowly. The sound stopped after a few seconds. A mile down the road it started again and every warning light and message was given to me. I tried to limp off the road and had to stop because of traffic and as soon as I stopped it completely locked down. would not move or do anything. Whole electrical system going crazy. Sat on a very busy road for 2 hours waiting on Rams roadside assistance to get a tow truck, in rush hour. Somebody hit my mirror while I was sitting there and did not stop, luckily there was just a scuff on the mirror. I am waiting for a call from the dealership. A guy there last night told me that they probably won't work on my truck being I didn't buy it there and if they do there is about a 3 month waiting list. The dealer I bought it from is 4.5 hours away. Sucks paying $40,000 for a truck and have it for 3 days before having major issues. Been a loyal Ram customer for over 14 years but my loyalty is being tested.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Picked up my Lone Star Crew 4x4 on Friday. After work on Monday I put it in drive and heard a metal rubbing sound. Put it in park and it stopped. Was not too far from a dealership so I was going to take it in driving slowly. The sound stopped after a few seconds. A mile down the road it started again and every warning light and message was given to me. I tried to limp off the road and had to stop because of traffic and as soon as I stopped it completely locked down. would not move or do anything. Whole electrical system going crazy. Sat on a very busy road for 2 hours waiting on Rams roadside assistance to get a tow truck, in rush hour. Somebody hit my mirror while I was sitting there and did not stop, luckily there was just a scuff on the mirror. I am waiting for a call from the dealership. A guy there last night told me that they probably won't work on my truck being I didn't buy it there and if they do there is about a 3 month waiting list. The dealer I bought it from is 4.5 hours away. Sucks paying $40,000 for a truck and have it for 3 days before having major issues. Been a loyal Ram customer for over 14 years but my loyalty is being tested.
Wow I'm really sorry to hear this.what engine do you have?

·
Registered
396 Posts
I would pitch a fit if the dealer makes you wait that long to work on it. Doesn't matter if you bought it there or not if that is where you going to have your service done they should kiss your ass.

Reactions: ndtguy and bigtruck

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Ya really, do these dealers not think of the future!! They treat you like gold you just may order your next truck from. Them SHOULD be the logic! Sorry to hear about your truck, that blows.... makes me think about getting an extended warrenty!

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Make sure you go on dealer rater and give them a shit Google review if they keep acting like assholes...

·
Registered
132 Posts
Go straight to Ram if the dealership is going to mess with you!!!!!! I had a Chev dealer do that to me one time when I moved, had to deal with Chev Canada (corporate) to get my truck worked on. they reluctantly did the repairs and treated me like crap through the whole process. I told the owner of the dealership I would never buy from them. My father always buys from them so I made sure they saw me drop him off one day in my new Ram. Too bad for them considering I had 2 previous chevs and buy a new truck every 3 years. Dealerships Piss me off!!!!!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I reported everything to ram last night and got a case #. Called dealership at noon and they said they had my number and would call me when they knew something. Called ram and they called dealership and and was told they would look at it in 2-3 weeks. Rams rep said to just wait. I pitched a fit and he turned it over to a case manager. He is supposed to call within 24 hours. The dealership that I bought from has been great and said if ram doesn't get me a rental tomorrow then they will. They also said if they have to they will send a flatbed and bring it to them. I do have a lifetime power train warranty through my dealership and purchased the extra bumper to bumper warranty.

·
Registered
13,680 Posts
Ouch.

Thanks for the information and update. Real curious, as you are, on what the problem is.

·
Registered
241 Posts
The dealer that fixed my exhaust leak bent over backwards for me and I did not buy the truck from them. They treated me better than the dealer that I bought the truck from. Gave me a rental and everything. I know where I am going to go first for my next vehicle and see what deal they can do as there service was great. It is warranty work and they will get paid good for it. They should fix it no matter where you bought it from.

·
Registered
4 Posts
That really is a shame. Sorry that happened to you. I'd look up lemon law attorneys in your state. They usually work for free and collect their fees from the dealership and manufacturer. Federal and state law applies here. Not being able to repair the vehicle in a timely manner may fall under the Federal Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act. A single instance of a serious safety defect can qualify you too. Sounds like the selling dealership is interested in helping you. Why not let them send out a flatbed? I'd get that mirror replaced too as the accident was a result of the truck failure. I'd be going ballistic at this point. I'd also consider filing a complaint with the feds. https://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/ivoq/

·
Registered
360 Posts
The power of the forum is evident here. Great information and reference tools. It really sucks that this occurred on such a new vehicle. Obviously a mfg. defect!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ok, let me try to recall what has happened. I got a call at noon yesterday from my case manager. She was only in the office for an hour but said I was approved for a rental, and all she had to do was call the dealership and verify with them then she would call me back. She never did. I called and got another case manager that was in the office and she put me on hold as she called the dealership. Came back and said to go ahead and go down and pick up a vehicle from local dealership. I went to get it and the service guy said he had not been authorized to give me anything and they didn't have any vehicle anyway. Got back on the phone with another case manager who asked me to put the service manager on the phone. He refused and said if they wanted to talk to him then they need to call him and that he does not take orders from Ram. I was sent over to Enterprise by the case manager to pay for my own rental and that I would be reimbursed. She said they would be taking care of the dealer issues in the morning.
Called this morning and talked to my case manager and got it escalated to the next level (level 3), corporate resources. Said that they would be contacting the dealership about the way I am being treated. She also informed me that they would be replacing the starter on monday. The starter is fine, it is a transmission and electrical issue. I got a call from the local service manager about an hour later apologizing for the way he acted and he set up the rental car for me under their account. Don't know what was said but for the first time somebody listened to me about what the truck was doing and he said it sounds like a transmission issue also but he has to do what Ram tells him to do on the vehicle. One thing I demanded from my case manager was to get my vehicle moved to a dealer that cares about my truck. Got a call from a dealer about 2 hours from me and he told me that my truck was being taken to him and he wanted to know what was going on with it so he could get a jump start on getting it figured out. I like the 3rd level of customer service at Ram. Finally things are going to start happening. As of today my truck has been broke down longer than I was able to drive it. Will keep y'all posted as I find out more.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Really not sure why any dealer performing warranty work would not want to provide you with service. Glad you got some resolution, but it should have never happened. It seem they set him straight though. Hope the rest goes smooth for you.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Warranty work usually pays less and there are other customers that pay full pop for service who only have their vehicle serviced at the dealer. By him living a few miles away and having bought the truck hours away that tells the service guys that he's only in there for warranty work that usually pays less and he won't be back for anything else, and he didn't even buy the truck there to boot.

As a service writer cases like this tend to get pushed back, in lieu of more profitable work, although being a straight up dick like that would never happen ( assuming we are getting the whole story) and I see no reason to have acted the way they have.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Warranty work usually pays less and there are other customers that pay full pop for service who only have their vehicle serviced at the dealer. By him living a few miles away and having bought the truck hours away that tells the service guys that he's only in there for warranty work that usually pays less and he won't be back for anything else, and he didn't even buy the truck there to boot.

As a service writer cases like this tend to get pushed back, in lieu of more profitable work, although being a straight up dick like that would never happen ( assuming we are getting the whole story) and I see no reason to have acted the way they have.
Never been my experience with warranty work.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

·
Registered
274 Posts
Depends on the business and amount of work. Obviously If there's no backlog it'll just fall in place but if there's a wait it def goes to the bottom of the list if the guy is being a bit about it all regardless of the severity/priority of the problem.

·
Registered
13,680 Posts
Great you are getting something done and hopefully, correctly.

The dealer that first looked at it would be absolutely out of my future plans. Nasty but glad they finally agreed to help a bit although it sounds like they were coerced into being reasonable.

Keep up the information.

·
Registered
173 Posts
I was just curious what the final resolution was to this issue. Was this one of the 159 early trucks recalled because of the transmission case issues?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts