RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
He guys anyone chip in. I was looking on ebay and amazon trying to find tow mirrors for my 2014 bighorn. Everything I have found has these two plugs and I think mine only has one plug since it is just heated and powered with out blinkers/led.

My questions are 1. is there any chance that there is a 2nd plug when I pop the old mirrors off? 2. if not what do I have to do to make the tow mirror with blinkers/led work. here is some photos of the plugs on a tow mirror and on a stock heated/power like mine is currently. Thanks for any info

This is the tow mirror with blinkers/led/heated/power
tow mirror.jpg

and like whats on mine now heated/power non tow
tow mirror 2.jpg

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
There was a thread over on ram forumz, and someone was having a heck of a time making it work. Even after he got it hooked up, the door modal didn't want to recognize the new mirrors. I'm not sure why... but even the dealer couldn't get it running. You may want to wonder over there, and see if you can find the thread. (about a week ago, in the 2014 section)

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. I called Ram same day I had them install my level and parts guy said it could throw a code. He laughed and said It was a 50/50 chance. I just know I really like the extra view and the little extender they make looks dumb.

·
Registered
693 Posts
I ordered a Ram 1500 as a tow vehicle but the ordered truck had problems. Therefore I'm getting a truck off of a lot. This means that all the sudden I won't have the tow mirrors that I expected. I did a bunch of reading about this and decided to try the slip on mirror extensions. They're a lot cheaper than the tow mirrors and it looks like they go on/off really easily.

·
Registered
132 Posts
I had a set of slip on tow mirrors on my last truck, I found the split between the truck mirror and the add on very distracting. they are convenient however. Just got my ED today and it has the tow mirrors. It only takes a couple seconds to put the slip ons on and take them off.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
True about thw slip ons. But I like the rear sight better from factory tow mirrors and the fact they are heated to where slip ons are not is a big deal to. I'm puttin mine on this week. Worse case deal if it trys to throw a code il just unplug and have fance mirrors I picked up a set of chrome/led/blinker tow mirrors from a 2013 on another form for $230 shipped like new he put on a aftermarket mirror like what's on chevy :-/.... odd but to each his own guy said he wanted his to stand out.

I'll post photos when I put em on

·
Registered
118 Posts
make sure your mirrors have the ambient temp sensor located in your driver side mirror anyone happen to have a wiring diagram of the driver side mirror ?

·
Registered
51 Posts
I just installed the factory tow mirrors on my 16 Limited and the kit came with door reinforcement plates that had to be installed on the door prior to tow mirror install. Something to consider if you buy aftermarket or takeoffs from someone else, they may not have the reinforcement plates needed for proper install. I can't share any info regarding problems with codes, my takeoffs had both plugs and so did the tow mirrors, no problems with install for me.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts