RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for some OEM flares. Got the Limited delivered yesterday and she looks a bit naked without.... Do you guys know if the up to what year will fit? 2012/2013? Also, any recommendations for mud flaps? Returned the OEM as I don't think hard plastic will work in the winter.

·
Registered
49 Posts
My brothers ,my Dad , and I all have had the OEM Mopar mud flaps on are trucks for years here in Michigan . No problems in the winter at all . I would have put them on my new truck but it has fender flares on it so I went with the Weather Tech ones

·
Registered
213 Posts
rrental: You might want to check the thread "Laramie Limited Fender Flares" under the Ram 1500 Diesel Accessories category for a discussion on the Bushwacker OE flares. I recently purchased a set for my Limited. They are at the body shop right now getting painted and I will submit a pic, once installed. The OEM flares don't go all the way to the bottom of the painted Limited bumper, whereas the Bushwacker OE style do.

My dealer installed a set of fairly heavy rubber mud flaps. They have a molded ridge that follows the wheel well edge. They are black with the Ram logo on the rear flap but no logo on the shorter front flap. I don't have a part #, but could get it if you wish. They look OK as far as mud flaps go and will do the job. No problem fitting in front of the wheel - wheel steps.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
rrental: You might want to check the thread "Laramie Limited Fender Flares" under the Ram 1500 Diesel Accessories category for a discussion on the Bushwacker OE flares. I recently purchased a set for my Limited. They are at the body shop right now getting painted and I will submit a pic, once installed. The OEM flares don't go all the way to the bottom of the painted Limited bumper, whereas the Bushwacker OE style do.

My dealer installed a set of fairly heavy rubber mud flaps. They have a molded ridge that follows the wheel well edge. They are black with the Ram logo on the rear flap but no logo on the shorter front flap. I don't have a part #, but could get it if you wish. They look OK as far as mud flaps go and will do the job. No problem fitting in front of the wheel - wheel steps.
Thanks for the info. You are absolutely right the OEM flares look off on the Limited. I just ordered the bushwackers from Lordco and they should be here by Monday. Do you think your flaps will still fit with the fender flares? Nice looking truck BTW!

·
Registered
213 Posts
Yes they will still fit as the flare follows the same wheel well contour. The dealer installs them on all their stock trucks whether equipped with flares or not.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts