RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
That is a matter of opinion I think the Cummins sounds great! The 2500 is more pickup than I need so I wait for the 1500.

Attachments

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cummins doesn't bother me (noise) but the idea of a quiet Diesel is a definite selling point in my opinion. Pretty unique if it is fact almost as quiet as a gasoline powered engine.

I'm with you bellp1981. The RAM 1500 Diesel is more than enough truck than I need. Its all about personal needs.

I just can't wait to get in this truck :)

·
Registered
4,798 Posts
Have had mine for a week and 500 miles. With windows closed above 10 mph it is as quiet as a hemi. On WFO throttle is quieter than a hemi. At idle you can heart it is a diesel inside and outside. I am a motorcycle rider and most diesels hurt my ears if they pull up next to me at a stop light. Not the case with the ECODIESEL. It sounds nice. Love the truck and the laramie longhorn package is SWEEET! Got all options except sunroof and DVD player. Now prefer it to my CL600 Mercedes V-12.

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Drive one today and it is barely detected. When at cruising speed you'd never know this is a diesel. Under hard acceleration again, you can't tell. At idle you can hear that diesel sound but it is very very quite. It's quite incredible.

Don't tread on me!
MOLON LABE

·
Registered
9 Posts
Cereal killer you will be able to hear each and every munch and crunch of your breakfast cereal if your pounding it down while your Rollin Dow the road---- personally no one eats in my truck maybe water if their cute!

·
Registered
254 Posts
Several guys at work have '14 laramie's or limited's with hemi's, we have compared them thoroughly and they all say the same thing - 'wish I would have waited for the eco.' The eco is much quieter than a hemi at any rpm, inside or out.

·
Registered
939 Posts
I concur. Any sound it makes is beautifully tuned and appears where and when it should. I thought the diesel clatter would drive me nuts but it seems to have a hypnotic effect...kind of like a cat purrrring. You just have to love it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts