RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
Such a useless gear ratio IMO. 3.55 and 3.92 should be only options. 3.22 is for highway and no towing which defeats purpose of buying a diesel.
Hi: rustydusty1717... I bought a 2 yr. old in 2018. Got 3:55's w/ tow pkg., as the truck was used to tow a contractors trailer. I get great mileage towing but a lot higher maintenance costs too.
Dieseldragon North shore of Lake Erie.
Tire Wheel Car Land vehicle Vehicle

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
Thank you but I’m trying to find something with fewer miles on it. Thinking about the 20 or newer if I can afford it. Anybody with knowledge comparing the two?
Hi: Jordan1500... "If I can afford it"? The extra maintenance can be a drain on your economy too!!!

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
I would love a Laramie but think a big horn is more affordable and still is a nice interior. Gotta have 4x4 too. The 2020+ out here run about 45-60k and the pre 2020 run about 30-40k. Trying to make the extra 5-10k justifiable for a newer one with less problems
Hi: Jordan1500... According to this forum... owning one of these eco diesels is a fate worse than death!!!

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
My Boss air bag system was a direct bolt-in no cutting system. For me in The Great White North they were the cheapest system for me. I have my Schrader valve at my license plate to balance my air.
Hi: namretsud... I have my shredder valve right next to the eject button. "Go ahead make my day"!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts