RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hey guys. I just joined here to get some info on the Ecodiesel. Looking to buy a used one in a few months. There hard to find and not sure if that’s because everybody loves there’s and keeps them or not many out there. I was hoping I could get some basic pros and cons of owning one vs a gas truck. I have a 97 7.3 dually so would be downsizing a bit but I don’t need the 1 ton. I have a 7500# 27’ TT that we tow a couple times a year but that’s it for heavy towing. I like the idea of the mpgs the rest of the time not towing. Any info would be great regarding years to avoid or if there worth it. Just want to know longevity also as I don’t want a truck that’s always in the shop. Thank you

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hey guys. I just joined here to get some info on the Ecodiesel. Looking to buy a used one in a few months. There hard to find and not sure if that’s because everybody loves there’s and keeps them or not many out there. I was hoping I could get some basic pros and cons of owning one vs a gas truck. I have a 97 7.3 dually so would be downsizing a bit but I don’t need the 1 ton. I have a 7500# 27’ TT that we tow a couple times a year but that’s it for heavy towing. I like the idea of the mpgs the rest of the time not towing. Any info would be great regarding years to avoid or if there worth it. Just want to know longevity also as I don’t want a truck that’s always in the shop. Thank you
I have a white 2015 Laramie with 77,000 miles. Just got back from a 2725 mile trip driving 75-80 miles per hr with lots-of puttering around in Virginia. It got 25 mpg overall. I’ve been doing a mile or 2 little trips all winter and the regen was getting more and more often. At first on this trip it was only getting 21 mpg on the dash, but at the end in Virginia it was registering 29.3 mpg. It has a GDE tune and just needs to be driven hard. I pull a single axle bass boat with it and it’ll get 15 mpg on pretty long trips. No problems so far, and I love the drive. I just have no need for a diesel while not using it properly. Im willing to sell it if you’re interested.

·
Registered
24 Posts
That’s exactly what I’m looking for. Something that can do it all. I don’t tow all the time or crazy loads so no need for a 3/4 ton let alone the 1 ton dually I have. I just want to make sure these can tow 7500 fairly easy and not way overload it. I hear things about the grills being restrictive and a few other things. Can they tow fine without a tune? I’m in ca and it’s illegal to have those
Depending on where you live, if interested in a exceptionally clean well maintained ed, email me at: [email protected]. I’m in Oklahoma.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts