RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tell me if I'm a fool for giving up my trophy car for a fully loaded truck which will become my daily driver? The 27mpg highway helps me a lot.
the perfect truck for me has the anti spin diff, delete wheel to wheel side steps(rather purchase online cheaper), and trailer brake control, I have no color preference just yet leaning towards True Blue, I wish dodge offered more pearl colors

What you think?

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
It's really kind of a stupid question. They are different beasts. The car is for going fast, and having fun. A truck is for work, and hulling things around. (Even if it's just people)

Buy a truck if you need one, or if you are just a "Truck Guy." But, since you have a car like that... and you are asking the question... I'm assuming you are not a truck guy. I am a truck guy... and more or less, I've had a truck (or an SUV) as my daily driver since I was 18. But I've had plenty of "Toy Cars" to keep me happy.

I would love to tell you to dump the Nissan for a truck... but to be honest... I don't think you will be happy.

Sorry... just trying to be honest.

If you can keep the Nissan until you know, or as your toy... that would be the best thing.

Howie12: a 600 is a tall order to keep as a toy. But I have a 350 tucked away for the days I just wasn't to kill some tires. (lol)

·
Registered
4,435 Posts
Dr Honda, yes, but what a machine.......... Bought it 3 years old with 20,000 miles and now it has 60,000 but it is a 2002 and only worth 10 grand or so but at least it got me used to expensive oil changes, and everything else too, except gas mileage. On a trip at 75 it would gt 28 mpg. And then a set of rear tires every 8000-10000 miles even with easy driving. But, what a machine......................

·
Registered
213 Posts
I would much rather have the Ram over the Nissan, don't like riding down on the pavement anymore (probably a factor of age).

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
How much for the car? Specs?
Im looking for $27k. or BEST OFFER
404whp stillen supercharged
lowered on eibachs pro kit
vossen 20" wheels 10.5 rear 8.5 front with 295 and 245
custom 180 ironman headlights
JP front lip kit
Tinted taillights
hide a way front plate
athens blue
49000 miles.
garage kept so never sees snow or rain.

over all I built the carin Texas when I was in the ARMY and now I'm back home in CT and cannot enjoy this car anymore. not worth it to me for a 50k car to sit in the garage almost year round. it does get 18mpg highway still though. I also have a 2010 dodge dekota I will get rid of for the limited ED

·
Registered
334 Posts
17% is not too bad I ended up about 23% off on mine some dealers are willing to deal to move trucks.

·
Registered
730 Posts
everyone thinks 17% off MSRP is a good deal?
That seems to be as far as 95% of dealers are willing to go. Maybe 3 or 4 have done better on this forum that I've seen but they either had a friend that was a dealer, qualified for atypical rebates, or spent a lot of time working a desperate salesman.

You might be able to go through some of the extreme output dealers around the Ohio area, they offer unbeatable deals because they move huge amounts of units.

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
everyone thinks 17% off MSRP is a good deal?
17% is a good deal, depending on the rebates available. I'd say 15% to 19% is what people have been seeing.

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
i ended up with 15% :-(
It's still a good deal... no reason for a sad face. If it was a Ford... they would have slapped on their stupid "Market Adjusted Price" BS sticker... and charged and extra 15%. (That's what killed the T-bird when they brought it back out) Besides... the final price all depends on what rebates you qualify for.

·
Registered
701 Posts
I gave up my Mercedes E500, with an awesome 5.0L 8 cyl. Very different of course, but I find I have a difference mind set and expectations when I drive it, and compared to that difference baseline, I'm more pleased. My car was getting old,
So it helps that creature comforts are far better in the ram. If I had no family to carry around, I'd probably miss a sporty car, but I really appreciate comfort now. Some day I'll get a used sports car, BMW or porche. But keep the truck!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts