·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Reactions: Penndiana and JAK

·
Registered
13,677 Posts
Should be real interesting to see and read the specifics.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Kinda wish i knew the refresh was coming next year before i ordered a 2014, not a huge deal since I'm getting the ED. Probably just minor appearance stuff?

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ya they had an article on allpar for the last few months saying ram was calling for a "refresh" in 2015, my bet is all the money is going to the total redo a few years down the road, smart money is on a few more options/configuations and so little add ons( maybe a couple examples, like a cabin air filter, HID lighting stock new paint colours etc) nothing major I'm sure, maybe a new rim or 2

·
Registered
735 Posts
Interesting, I wonder what they’ll change? It can’t be anything to major, probably just reshape some bolt on component like bumpers or something.

Maybe they’ll actually let you build a truck with all the options they offer without restrictions. One dealership I visited couldn’t build one with Ram boxes and wheel to wheel side steps…not sure what they have to do with each other, as it looks like the steps bolt only to the cab.

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
The refresh will be mild for 2015 - maybe some styling stuff on the front/rear, some trim changes, etc. 2017 is when the indepth changes will arrive. No idea what, but the 2015 changes are about holding over the lineup until the 2017 work comes to market. In now way do I regret my purchase now. 3 years is a long way off.

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
One option it sounds like is coming in 2015 is the 6.4L hemi....i could care less about changes I love my truck, it may look a little different or a lot. different in 3 years but my truck will still look awesome! Lol

·
Registered
122 Posts
01TwoForty,
My dealer said you can't get RamBox with side steps because it's a safety issue. If you stand on the end of the step while the box is open you could fall off because there's no place to grab on to. Don't laugh, that was the explanation. I also couldn't get the protection group with RamBox? No explanation given on that one other than "the box is grey on my screen, I can't click on it" That was it I swear I wish we could just order these trucks online. The dealers are completely useless.

·
Registered
817 Posts
Gotta wonder what they have in store for the 1500. It seems pickup manufacturers like to make slight grill tweaks.

·
Registered
31 Posts
01TwoForty,
My dealer said you can't get RamBox with side steps because it's a safety issue. If you stand on the end of the step while the box is open you could fall off because there's no place to grab on to. Don't laugh, that was the explanation. I also couldn't get the protection group with RamBox? No explanation given on that one other than "the box is grey on my screen, I can't click on it" That was it I swear I wish we could just order these trucks online. The dealers are completely useless.
Intersting, ordered mine with side steps and RAM box. Will let you know as soon as its here.

·
Registered
22 Posts
01TwoForty,
My dealer said they could not add the protection group due to the selection of the 3.0 diesel. They were advised they did not have the plates made for them. He was able to order the side steps though, not sure what changed this....

·
Registered
13,677 Posts
Dealer is wrong. Protection group on mine. That includes tow hooks and skid plates on front suspension and transfer case.

·
Registered
396 Posts
also have protection group on mine

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Your dealer is a f**ckin retard...

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
And if they won't give it to you, cancel and order with a non-retarded dealer.... there is a few of them!

·
Registered
438 Posts
And if they won't give it to you, cancel and order with a non-retarded dealer.... there is a few of them!
What he said! It's on mine. We all have different trim levels too!

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
01TwoForty,
Yes, it would be great to order direct online. I could do that with Tesla if I wanted an upscale car. However, the large and entrenched Ram dealer system fights marketing innovation. Fiat is not going to change that. At least we can now find out much more online before ordering which somewhat offsets dealer incompetence.

The article referenced by the OP outlines a normal update cycle. Nothing unexpected.

As for ordering restrictions, we have known about parts shortages and low payload rating since last fall. In particular, the RamBox and side steps are both heavy options and on some models will not leave enough payload for the passengers, hence the restriction. A workaround is to order the RamBox from the factory and get the side steps from the dealer.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts