RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Stopped by a Ram dealership yesterday the rep I spoke with said there is a looming production shortage of Ram trucks pushing the price of used Rams up. Apparently Covid has shut down production of some components so this should be interesting.

·
Registered
714 Posts
It's not just Ram, it's all truck and car manufacturers. I know a few local Toyota dealerships have zero Tundras or Tacomas. It's all due to the 'chip shortage" that is impacting everything from Playstation 5's to trucks.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's not just Ram, it's all truck and car manufacturers. I know a few local Toyota dealerships have zero Tundras or Tacomas. It's all due to the 'chip shortage" that is impacting everything from Playstation 5's to trucks.
Thats one thing the Rep. mentioned the chip shortage but there are several other things she mentioned as well, looks like things are going to get kinda interesting. The used Ram Ecodiesels in the area I live the GVA have gone up around $3000.00 in value plus.

·
Super Moderator
2015 Outdoorsman EcoD CC w/6.4' 4X4
4,960 Posts
It's mostly the chip shortage that causing the production delays. You know things are bad when the auto companies shutter their cash cows truck plants. Ford is shutting down the F-150 for a total of three weeks between both plants. FCA is doing similar shut downs at several plants making the trucks and Jeeps
Both companies said they may even build vehicles and putting them in storage till the parts are available. For them if the production lines aren't running, their losing money

·
Registered
2017 Laramie eco about to be tuned and deleted at 30k
40 Posts
From what my techie son says, the shortage in chips is driven by scalpers buying up every bit of chips . The same chips are used for all electronics be it Rams or playstations. Industrial espionage raping the consumer.

·
Registered
599 Posts
I just placed a order on 3/31. Ram 1500 eco diesel Big Horn with a bench seat. Was told 8 - 12 weeks before I would see it.

·
Registered
13,888 Posts
Lack of supply is also affecting the HD Rams. Not sure it is a "chip" issue but many factors as most all are assembled in Mexico.

Multiple problems are driving up the cost of new as discounts are dropped. Then the used vehicles are up. The market and economy sure has changed.

·
Registered
2017 1500 Tradesman Ecodiesel 4x4 Quad Cab 3.55 Gears
1,203 Posts
I have noticed in looking around for a new 2500. The tradesman trim is conspicuously thin to none. Not just Alaska, but all over.

So I sealed the deal with $500 down, they have 3 on the way, can't buy what isn't there.

2021's are very few and far...

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Hi: sourdo... When I was in the biz in the 80's my sls mgr always told us to "Sell what we could see... not see what we could sell"!!! Being in a rural area we had a large stock of trucks.
Dieseldragon North shore of Lake Erie.

·
Registered
2017 1500 Tradesman Ecodiesel 4x4 Quad Cab 3.55 Gears
1,203 Posts
Hi: sourdo... When I was in the biz in the 80's my sls mgr always told us to "Sell what we could see... not see what we could sell"!!! Being in a rural area we had a large stock of trucks.
Ah, the '80's, when you had to hock your daughter to get a loan. Yea I remember those days well, paying double digits for a car loan. I can bet you had a full lot.

Off topic, but I can remember I was so broke, I couldn't tell because everyone else was too.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Ah, the '80's, when you had to hock your daughter to get a loan. Yea I remember those days well, paying double digits for a car loan. I can bet you had a full lot.

Off topic, but I can remember I was so broke, I couldn't tell because everyone else was too.
Hi: sourdo... I'm so poor I can't even "Pay attention". LoL
Ya... 1982 got stuck renewing a mtg. at 18 3/4% for 6 mos. YIKES!!!

·
Registered
40 Posts
The chip shortage is not as you all believe. The chip shortage is due to auto manufacturers guessing about production needs incorrectly. Watch this link below. Very well respected in the tech review world and he has some great contacts in the industry that answers exactly what's happening.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts