RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Besides Shell Rotella for engine oil, is there a list of all the other lubricants our ED's need that are offered by one manufacturer? Royal Purple, Liqui Moly, etc? Obviously we'd all want the highest quality and per spec. My hope is to have the list so I can get them all at one shop or online from a dealer of that brand. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I’ve read that Amsoil is good stuff but I just can’t drink the Coolaid. Any others?

·
Registered
380 Posts
If amsoil is koolaid then wouldn't grape royal purple? All three brands you listed are proven (forum members with oil lab results.) I like LM but they are not as easy to buy/order. Amsoil has all approved fluids. LM only if I can get a NAPA coupon and bring the price down. I use LM in my BMW M4 because it stocked at NAPA.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Amsoil is 100% synthetic no base from protroleum .. All the others are full synthetic and have protroleum base .Amsoil stands behind all their produce

·
Registered
1,759 Posts
Amsoil is 100% synthetic no base from protroleum .. All the others are full synthetic and have protroleum base .Amsoil stands behind all their produce
All oil starts from petroleum but yes Amsoil uses group 4 base oil while some other synthetics start with a group 3 base. Amsoil is one of the best oils out there that is for sure.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts