RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone used this product? I've heard some good things, however none specifically related to the EcoD. Just curious to see if there's any experience out there with this product.

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
Has anyone used this product? I've heard some good things, however none specifically related to the EcoD. Just curious to see if there's any experience out there with this product.
If you google that stuff, a youtube video comes up with an Ecodiesel.

Not sure what it is, but i use Optilube XPD. Sounds similar in its benefits.

·
Registered
395 Posts
I think I read in the manual a while back that Chrysler does not recommend using any additive in any area of the truck.

·
Registered
476 Posts
I think I read in the manual a while back that Chrysler does not recommend using any additive in any area of the truck.
Manual says not to use engine oil additives. Fuel additives it says aren't "necessary" except when anti gel is needed in cold climates. I use Penray fuel conditioner to prevent asphaltenes and opti-lube (XPD in winter and Summer+ in Summer).

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Manual says not to use engine oil additives. Fuel additives it says aren't "necessary" except when anti gel is needed in cold climates. I use Penray fuel conditioner to prevent asphaltenes and opti-lube (XPD in winter and Summer+ in Summer).
Yes, that's what I had read as well. No oil additives, but fuel additives are okay, but not necessary.

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
Yes, that's what I had read as well. No oil additives, but fuel additives are okay, but not necessary.
Keep in mind...

Chrysler assumes that you will get good fuel from the fuel stations you use. If the fuel you get is good, then additives are not necessary. However, i know that i will not always be fortunate to get good fuel. Sometimes it will have water in it, sometimes more asphaltenes, sometimes less than 40 cetane. Just how things work.

personally - i like the idea of something like XPD. adds lubricity, is a water de-emulsifier, cetane booster and injector cleaner. I've seen a noticeable 1 - 2 mpg increase and quieter engine (less diesel clatter). Is it needed? no. but man... for <$.10/gal? not having to worry as much about a failed injector pump or trashed injectors?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts