RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I see Magnaflow has 2 catback exhaust systems, p/n 15252 and 15253 with a "coming soon" status.

The first is a single exhaust dumping out behind the rear passenger tire and the second splits and dumps out both sides behind the rear tires.

So how is that void in the rear bumper going to look???

Any thoughts?

Has anyone found a different aftermarket exhaust?

·
Registered
127 Posts
I would hope they will have additional models available for you guys soon. My exhaust is the passenger side dump out which surprised me because everything I read said it was they were all going to be dual exhaust trucks...

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
I saw a truck the other day with 2 bumps in the rear for the OE exhaust... but the "jackoff" behind the wheel had chopped the exhaust and just pointed it down. (under the truck) The truck was STUPID loud, and he was just rev'ing the engine to hear it.

Because of that... I don't know if I was just thinking the owner was a #$%^#&^%... or if I really though it looked bad.

Either way... I wouldn't remove the tips from the bumper, since they are meant to be there, and it looks wrong without it.

A few final thoughts.

1) Unless you are removing the DPF and SCR... an after market exhaust isn't going to add power.

2) Between the turbo, DPF and SCR... there isn't any need for a muffler anyway. SO... if you want a little more volume... just take off your muffler, and put a pipe where it was. (and save yourself a lot of $$)

·
Registered
143 Posts
So we do have a stock muffler? I haven't looked yet. Anyone tried that yet? If I could just get like a 15% more sound increase I would be happy. It's a little too quiet.

·
Registered
346 Posts
I would hope they will have additional models available for you guys soon. My exhaust is the passenger side dump out which surprised me because everything I read said it was they were all going to be dual exhaust trucks...
I know the Outdoorsman trim have single exhaust. Might be the same with the Tradesman.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts