RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
would anyone know if there is a possibility to trigger a manual regeneration on a stock 2015 ecodiesel ?

·
Registered
4,284 Posts
with a Edge monitor , for now , , who is to say what will happen after the AEM reflash by FCA
the 2017 2018 do not work well with the Edge monitors , and maybe the new flash will turn 2014 2015 2016 into
the same software as the newer trucks , just a heads-up before spending $$$
I don't personnally know if you can trigger a regen with the torque pro App , would be a lot less money wasted
if the same happens with that set-up .

·
Registered
2,352 Posts
with a Edge monitor , for now , , who is to say what will happen after the AEM reflash by FCA
the 2017 2018 do not work well with the Edge monitors , and maybe the new flash will turn 2014 2015 2016 into
the same software as the newer trucks , just a heads-up before spending $$$
I don't personnally know if you can trigger a regen with the torque pro App , would be a lot less money wasted
if the same happens with that set-up .
I believe the newer trucks, 17 and 18 have security gateway devices. They put a piece of hardware between the electronics and the OBD2 port. Need a bypass device. Simple and easy to install.

However u need to remove it before going to the dealer.

·
Registered
4,396 Posts
Yes, you can trigger a parked or moving regen with the AlfaOBD app. The TorquePro app will not trigger a regen, only monitor soot level, regen type, and regen mode.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts