RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I had my engine replaced. GDE Hot Tune was in the truck when in grenaded. New engine has never been run with stock ECM firmware. I decided to pull the MAP Sensor today to check the situation out. This engine now has 71,607 km's on it, this is the first time this MAP has been pulled.

Looks wet. That's it. Just shrugged my shoulders and put it back in..

Attachments

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
Mine looked about the same at 120,000 miles, all except 5,000 miles tuned. Sorry to hear it grenaded.

·
Premium Member
5,299 Posts
Mine has always looked like new with the GDE tune.

With your original grenaded engine, how long did you run on the stock tune and how long on the GDE tune?

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The stock tune was run to 100,000 kms, had the GDE hot tune and trans tune for 2 weeks when she went, less than 16,000 kms. I asked the diesel tech at the dealership who replaced the motor how I could make it last. He told me that I should go and get the GDE tune. When I told him I already had it...... he kinda smirked and said he was pretty sure it had it already due to the sound of the engine. So, even FCA employees know that GDE works.

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
When I took mine in for a Sirrius radio update, I asked the service manager not to mess with my GDE tune. He drives a Duramax and said he would highly recommend the GDE tune for the Ecodiesel. That's coming from a diesel guy!

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
So, I had my engine replaced. GDE Hot Tune was in the truck when in grenaded. New engine has never been run with stock ECM firmware. I decided to pull the MAP Sensor today to check the situation out. This engine now has 71,607 km's on it, this is the first time this MAP has been pulled.

Looks wet. That's it. Just shrugged my shoulders and put it back in..
Hi: Old Iron 1978... I had my Mech. clean mine. He said they're designed to be replaced not cleaned... but he did so anyway. AFAIK you're supposed to use a friendly cleaner... and he IS!!!
Dieseldragon North shore of Lake Erie.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts