RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tried to update my 2014 Larimie. Found out no updates had ever been done. Called FCA, they said call Uconnect. I did and they said dealer would need to do the updates. Dealer wants more money then the update cost. Anybody have any suggestions on how to get the old updates for my Uconnect?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
796 Posts
Maybe someone still has the SD card that FCA sent us a while back...it should work. I'll check around tomorrow. Maybe others reading this will do the same.

·
Registered
754 Posts
When I did my map update, I had to update the head unit first. My dealer said my head unit was the latest, it wasn't. After that, all went smooth but it took a long time.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Contact uconnect. They will provide all software updates for free and if there's any issues, they will pay the dealer to do the updates. Of course the cost for the map update is on you.
No, they will not. Uconnect told me to get with dealer. Dealer told me it would take too long for them to do it and they would have to charge me for all the time. I need multiple updates to load new maps that I ha e already purchased.

·
Registered
796 Posts
Maybe someone still has the SD card that FCA sent us a while back...it should work. I'll check around tomorrow. Maybe others reading this will do the same.
Which radio do you have? My software would be for the 8.4AN I think. This is the latest for my radio Uconnect_VP4,18.45.01-My13-17
If we or someone else had the same radio we could simply download the latest for you.

·
Administrator
8,572 Posts
No, they will not. Uconnect told me to get with dealer. Dealer told me it would take too long for them to do it and they would have to charge me for all the time. I need multiple updates to load new maps that I ha e already purchased.
My experience with uconnect has been the opposite.

·
Administrator
8,572 Posts
What version software is on your unit?

·
Registered
796 Posts
Have you tried resetting the head? Hold the power and tuning button down until the radio goes black and then turn off the ignition and open the door before the radio begins to turn on. Leave the door open for 30 seconds and then close it. Now turn the ignition to run and let it boot up again. This may let it receive an over the air update but it will take time for that to happen, maybe up to a week....this actually worked for me when my radio was stuck and not able to take the latest update.

If you are not having GPS problems your radio may have actually updated and just not registered. Back in the fall many head units were having issues because of a change in the GPS protocol and had to be updated over the air and then FCA sent out an SD card

·
Registered
133 Posts
I had the latest version of the software so I added the map update after finding it on sale.
I was assured that it was recent.
I still find that roads and bridges completed years earlier were not updated.
My truck is 300 yards out in the Hudson River when I cross.
If you're selling updated maps, they should be truly updated.

·
Administrator
8,572 Posts
Up
I had the latest version of the software so I added the map update after finding it on sale.
I was assured that it was recent.
I still find that roads and bridges completed years earlier were not updated.
My truck is 300 yards out in the Hudson River when I cross.
If you're selling updated maps, they should be truly updated.
Updated maps are typically 1 year old.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts