RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone explored getting the RAM tuned with/to Maserati specs? Instead of after market parts could we not just get some VM Maserati parts and do a direct swap out? Just askin.:confused:

·
Registered
413 Posts
Maserati has different compression ratio and some other stuff, it also does not pull any type of load and is a lighter auto , I'm not sure if this make's a difference but someone with more knowledge will chime in soon

·
Registered
362 Posts
I believe the Maserati has a twin turbo, I personally am very happy with the amount of power this engine has. I don't think I will do any mods to try to get more power, at least until I see what Gale Banks has to say about the matter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
But in Europe and the UK all attention falls on the diesel, not just because it’ll be the runaway best-seller of the bunch but because, well, it’s a diesel.
And while no one at Maserati is making the connection, we cannot help but notice that not only is its 2987cc capacity identical to that of Mercedes’ current 3.0-litre V6 diesel, but its bore and stroke are also the same. That’s the Mercedes owned by Daimler that also used to own Chrysler which still owns Jeep, both of which are now owned by Fiat, which also owns Maserati. Engineering multiculturalism at its finest.
Maserati Ghibli review - design | Autocar

·
Registered
940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Good video on how the engine is made and specs. Also like the exhaust tuning. Going to have to look into this more...

·
Premium Member
13,980 Posts
Read Chris's tuner post. He gets our motor to "light it up".

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
It's a totally different truck with a stein! It's just I guess. The word best to describe it would be immediate....the truck just surges now.....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts