RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Found a hairline crack in the main f line from the pump to the rail. Changed it.
Start it up, drive it around, no leaks. Drive 5 minutes to the house, leaking everywhere. Just about had it with this truck.
Seems to be leaking from under the injector. Thread won’t let me post a video
Automotive tire Automotive lighting Audio equipment Gas Gadget

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
As of now, truck starts fine, runs fine. Not sucking air, leaking down the back of the motor and down the transmission. Not sucking air, not hard starting, no check engine light related to bad injector, thinking maybe an injector Oring?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well I’ve checked all the T fittings and 2 L fittings, and none of them are leaking. No diesel on any of them or the lines splitting off of them. Leak seems to be centralized behind the motor, at idle and under load. Could the return line to the tank have ruptured? I’m trying to provide as much as I can.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I had injector brass washer leak when i was towing and it was dripping off the back of engine. It only done it when i towed. The toe clamp didn't have enough hold down pressure so I put in new washer and a shim under the back end of the toe clamp and next time I towed it was dry. It had been leaking for a long time but was only bad enough to see when towing.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I had injector brass washer leak when i was towing and it was dripping off the back of engine. It only done it when i towed. The toe clamp didn't have enough hold down pressure so I put in new washer and a shim under the back end of the toe clamp and next time I towed it was dry. It had been leaking for a long time but was only bad enough to see when towing.
Well this is leaking just idling. And pouring would be a better term for it. Truck has sat for two days. I don’t have time to deal with it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts