RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was on the phone with my dealer discussing options and incentives and she asked me about the maximum duty cooling option that is available for the ED. Has anyone ordered this option and know what all it includes? She was not entirely sure what it came with, just saw it on the ordering system. Input from anyone?

Thanks
Mark

·
Registered
693 Posts
I asked about it too. Dealer didn't know anything about it. Max duty cooling showed up on the truck anyhow. That makes me think that it's standard vs. a genuine option that you might choose or not. Maybe the marketing dept got confused.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Same here. I asked about it but couldn't get any straight answers. Showed up on truck anyway. Not sure what it consists of.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Are we sure its the "maximum" duty and not the heavy duty? I ask because my dealer sent me the print outs and it says that the heavy duty is standard with the ED, maximum is only available with ED as an option, I think. I could be wrong, Ram's ordering seems to be a bit confusing right now. Of course it could just be me.

Thanks
Mark

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
It's not an option. As far as I know... it's a gimmick. All of our ED's have it. Put your VIN in the build sheet system... and you will see it.

·
Registered
13,680 Posts
On my window sticker as part of the engine package I see, "Maximum Duty Engine Cooling". That and three other things like battery, SCR (Urea), and GVW of 7K lbs. are also there. It's part of the $4K for the engine on my sheet.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
My dealer did call her Ram rep and asked, it is listed on the buying guide as an option but it does come on the ED regardless. So it is a little confusing being on the guide and not in the ordering system.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts